Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5s worth upgrading to from the iPhone 5?

• 13-09-2013 2:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

So will any iPhone 5 users on here be upgrading to the iPhone 5s ?

I probably will as my iPhone 5 is black and I'd love a white one :-D

Will anyone be purchasing the gold iPhone also ? :-D
    Would it be a big seller over here ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

I don't see the need to change my 5, but since my contract includes a guaranteed yearly upgrade I guess I'll be getting a 5S. 32GB grey/black I'm thinking (from 32/white). Gold looks nice, but not for me, more for the ladies/rappers IMHO...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭davo2001

Nah, I dont see any need to upgrade from my iPhone 5 at all tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I really can't see the point. I'll wait until next year for the 6 myself. Just put a new otterbox and screen protector on my 5 and with the IOS7 release it'll keep me going for a long time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Scorpion venom

I sold my iphone 5 sim free to my friend so i am heading up to Belfast next friday morning but i'm not sure if i will go up early like last year i left Dublin at 5am got there in the queue for 7am and got my iphone 5 by 11am anyone here heading up to belfast ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

It's not massively worth it really, especially if your phone is in good working order.

The best rule to follow is to skip a generation of phone, unless they've managed to do something truly astounding in terms of innovation and change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I sold my iphone 5 sim free to my friend so i am heading up to Belfast next friday morning but i'm not sure if i will go up early like last year i left Dublin at 5am got there in the queue for 7am and got my iphone 5 by 11am anyone here heading up to belfast ?

Yeah I'll be heading to Belfast too. Not sure wat tie to get there this year.

Anyone who wants it on the day will need to head to the store.

Sold my 5 on adverts.

The 5s is much improved over the 5.

Improved camera and flash.

Improved processor and M7 chip.

Improved battery.

Fingerprint scanner is going to be nice. Hate having to input the password everytime.

What's not to like.

I had the slate 16gb. Going for the space grey 32gb as I found for e 16gb wasn't enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur.

I was considering getting an iPhone after only really using Blackberries and Androids, there's nothing there to hurry me along.

I'll wait for the 6.

I was considering getting an iPhone after only really using Blackberries and Androids, there's nothing there to hurry me along.

I'll wait for the 6.

Just out of curiosity, what is it lacking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur.

mad muffin wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity, what is it lacking?

It's not lacking anything, I'm not an Android fanboy or anything...

I've been using the S3 for the past year I suppose and that is a great phone, I'm personally just going to wait for a bigger leap in the tech before switching over. (or upgrading, even the S4 was a disappointment.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I am. Again. Ever since the 3gs.

This year was supposed to be the year that I stopped and I'm not even that impressed with it. But my mother needs a new phone and so I'm selling her mine & buying the 5s. Probably only the 16gb one this year though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Lads above, what are iPhone 5's fetching realistically at the moment?

kceire wrote: »
    Lads above, what are iPhone 5's fetching realistically at the moment?

I got €420 for my 16gb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I got €420 for my 16gb

wow not bad :) I really am practically giving away my phone.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I got €420 for my 16gb

I was considering selling for the 5S. I've a white 32gb in brand new condition.
    I usually do every other upgrade but this year my work upgrade allowance has kicked in this month so it has me tempted!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rambo

Yeah I'll be heading to Belfast too. Not sure wat tie to get there this year.

Anyone who wants it on the day will need to head to the store.

Sold my 5 on adverts.

The 5s is much improved over the 5.

Improved camera and flash.

Improved processor and M7 chip.

Improved battery.

Fingerprint scanner is going to be nice. Hate having to input the password everytime.

What's not to like.

I had the slate 16gb. Going for the space grey 32gb as I found for e 16gb wasn't enough.

Also A7 64bit chip a beast
    I see it uses the nano-sim card can we get this here handy?

Rambo wrote: »
    Also A7 64bit chip a beast
    I see it uses the nano-sim card can we get this here handy?

Yeah. The nano sim should be widely available.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Lot of you guys seemed to have upgraded a lot, what would I expect to pay for the 5S for say a 12 month contract?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

That depends on provider and monthly price. With Vodafone the 5 started at €49 IIRC, but that was on the €65-75/month contract (24months). Shorter term or lower monthly package will increase the price of the phone.
    I expect to pay nothing when I upgrade this time (or maybe €99 for a 32GB).

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Scorpion venom

It's lacking 802.11ac which has me puzzled as the new AirPort Extreme has it so does the MacBook Air so I can't understand why the 5s doesn't have it :( and I just bought a new Asus ac router

Advertisement