Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day parking near the Mall - Castlebar

Options
  • 13-09-2013 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend any free/cheap parking near the Mall. All day parking is required. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

The hospital carpark barriers are broken for the last 9 months, probably longer so it's free parking and they have no current plans to fix them. If you walk out the back way down by the swimming pool and library it's very close to the Mall. Only a 4-5 minute walk (400 meters according to Google).

bETCj4A.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Dudda wrote: »
    The hospital carpark barriers are broken for the last 9 months, probably longer so it's free parking and they have no current plans to fix them. If you walk out the back way down by the swimming pool and library it's very close to the Mall. Only a 4-5 minute walk (400 meters according to Google).

bETCj4A.jpg

just curious why dont have plans to fix them.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Rory1

irishgeo wrote: »
    just curious why dont have plans to fix them.

no money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭StewartGriffin

Not meaning to be a prk or anything (but how can I help what I am?), but it's best to leave the hospital car-park for its intended purpose, i.e. for the use of people who use the hospital.

Nothing worse than having to drop your sick spouse/sibling/child at the door, say "wait there, I'll be back in a min" and then have to go all the way down the mall cos the carpark is full of people gone shopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Not meaning to be a prk or anything (but how can I help what I am?), but it's best to leave the hospital car-park for its intended purpose, i.e. for the use of people who use the hospital.

Nothing worse than having to drop your sick spouse/sibling/child at the door, say "wait there, I'll be back in a min" and then have to go all the way down the mall cos the carpark is full of people gone shopping.
    True but if you were ever in the carpark you'd notice it rarely get's more than 60% full. Also from a shopping point of view it's a terrible place to park as it's a long walk to the shops. You'd be better off parking in Tesco's and doing your shopping around there and on main street where most of the shops are and the 90 minutes free parking should be enough unless you have a ridiculous amount of money to spend in which case you should be able to afford to pay for parking.

Just to clarify I don't use the carpark, but pass it daily, as thankfully (touch wood) I haven't had a need to go near the hospital.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Castlebar12

the new carpark in old tennis court is designed for ful day parking very handy just 50m from mall

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Dudda wrote: »
    True but if you were ever in the carpark you'd notice it rarely get's more than 60% full. Also from a shopping point of view it's a terrible place to park as it's a long walk to the shops. You'd be better off parking in Tesco's and doing your shopping around there and on main street where most of the shops are and the 90 minutes free parking should be enough unless you have a ridiculous amount of money to spend in which case you should be able to afford to pay for parking.

Just to clarify I don't use the carpark, but pass it daily, as thankfully (touch wood) I haven't had a need to go near the hospital.

I do use it. and It is regularly 120% full with cars parked across exits and up on the curbs and ditches. please leave this to people who need to be there. Btw the carparks at the back of the council buildings and the library/swimming pool are all free to park in, but you need to get in early before the council staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

Thanks - its not for shopping I need it. I won't be parking in the Hospital either.

Advertisement