Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get Light Stainless Steel Cut

• 13-09-2013 2:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭

Me again ..... I have adjusted the Stainless Steel cooker hood and the , chimney ? part thingy ( it probably has a name and fair play to it but I haven't a clue what it's called ) is now too big/high/long and I need to cut it in half . Any idea where I would get this done " , properly " as in I could probably cut it myself using a tin snips , it's light enough , but I wouldn't be able to get the straight line all the way round it .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Beaver1

use a jigsaw with a steel blade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

Beaver1 wrote: »
    use a jigsaw with a steel blade

I would imagine the finish would be too rough .

• Registered Users Posts: 8 crookey

jonski wrote: »
    Me again ..... I have adjusted the Stainless Steel cooker hood and the , chimney ? part thingy ( it probably has a name and fair play to it but I haven't a clue what it's called ) is now too big/high/long and I need to cut it in half . Any idea where I would get this done " , properly " as in I could probably cut it myself using a tin snips , it's light enough , but I wouldn't be able to get the straight line all the way round it .

get a 4 inch grinder,draw a line and cut..or go into shorts stainless in limerick,they should do it for a few euro

Advertisement