Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Allwinner A13 Tablet - Pattern Locked advice needed !!!

• 13-09-2013 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

Hi,

Got a cheap Allwinner tablet from Focalprice (AllWinner A13) - Pattern Locked and the email/password option to reset doesn't work. As there is no reset option in the chassis I've been trying to reset via the "Power & Vol +" or "Vol -" method but can't seem to get any combination to work.

Has anyone had any luck forcing a reset on this tablet - getting desperate at this stage after 2 weeks of try to recover it. And no , I dodn't have USB debugging enabled so adb is not an option (boy have I learned THAT lesson!)

Any help appreciated or it's off to Currys for a cheap Versus for the kids...

Cheers

IRCA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭kitnan

I know you had said about the key combinations not working, but there are a few different key combination methods here if this helps....sorry if you've already been here though... http://www.askmefast.com/How_do_i_reset_my_Allwinner_A13_tablet-qna4682851.html#q2741998

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭IRCA

Thanks

yes I'm intimatley familar with this site :-)

Taking the nuclear option and buying a bricks and mortar replacement - one dark lonely evening I may waste another several hours trying to recover it!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭kitnan

IRCA wrote: »
    Thanks

yes I'm intimatley familar with this site :-)

Taking the nuclear option and buying a bricks and mortar replacement - one dark lonely evening I may waste another several hours trying to recover it!

Lol, it's very unfortunate the way the hard reset doesn't work with the key combinations...i did recommend xda-developers to someone else the other day, you could try them as they are the wealth of knowledge in all things android and windows phone related

• Registered Users Posts: 21 mikelan

I recently bought a Tablet from FocalPrice and had to send it back cos it was faulty. Battery kept 0% charge, wifi not working, random crashing.

They got it back but won't refund the cash saying they can't find the box.
    Luckily I had the AnPost tracking number which shows the delivery being made and so the C.Card company have refunded me and are charging back Focalprice.

I won't be dealing with them again needless to say and would not recommend buying anything substantial from them that might need returning.
    Their RMA system sucks as well as all the case history conveniently disappears every time you log in. The only way to locate the issue is through an email link.

Just thought I'd post this in case anyone is considering buying from them and hopefully this will show up in a google search.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 samdavis

Hi Mikelan, I received a faulty tablet from them last week, only worked for 2 hours and now stuck on the android screen. I have opened an rma and am going to send it back, can I ask what the postage cost? Totally agree with you on their awful customer service btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 mikelan

sorry to hear you had trouble as well.

AnPost tracking cost 15.35euro. was well worth it.
    Make sure you keep the email to the RMA link too.
    For me if I login to their RMA straight from the website there is no case history of the issue. Clicking the email link finds it, otherwise I'd have no history of the problem. Take plenty printscreens as well just in case.

best of luck.
    Mike

Advertisement