Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Touch Site: Links at bottom of page

Options
  • 13-09-2013 3:41pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Suggestion is to have a link to the home page at the bottom of a page on the touch site. At present this is the view:

dbgy7l.jpg

You essentially have 3 options in terms of navigation - parent forum link (site dev in this case), "Full Site" link and scrolling to the top of the page.

Quite commonly I'm looking for the easiest way to return to the home page.

For iOS devices the final option isn't a problem because there's touch gestures you can use to return to the top of the page quickly, from where you can click the homepage link. On Android though and others though, having to scroll back through the whole thread can be quite annoying - particularly when you're doing it multiple times.

My suggestion is to have a home page link at the bottom of the page, most likely beside the current "Full Site" link.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Boards.ie: Rónán

Suggestion is to have a link to the home page at the bottom of a page on the touch site. At present this is the view:

dbgy7l.jpg

You essentially have 3 options in terms of navigation - parent forum link (site dev in this case), "Full Site" link and scrolling to the top of the page.

Quite commonly I'm looking for the easiest way to return to the home page.

For iOS devices the final option isn't a problem because there's touch gestures you can use to return to the top of the page quickly, from where you can click the homepage link. On Android though and others though, having to scroll back through the whole thread can be quite annoying - particularly when you're doing it multiple times.

My suggestion is to have a home page link at the bottom of the page, most likely beside the current "Full Site" link.

Hey NiallSparky,

That makes sense, we'll see about dropping one in at the next available opportunity.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement