Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Housing waiting list cork

Options
  • 13-09-2013 3:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭

500 vacant houses 7500 on the list,i doubt its all down to "lack of funding"

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

V.W.L 11 wrote: »
    500 vacant houses 7500 on the list,i doubt its all down to "lack of funding"

What is your hypothesis?
    If its not lack of funding (which is bleeding obvious)- what is it, in your opinion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭V.W.L 11

What is your hypothesis?
    If its not lack of funding (which is bleeding obvious)- what is it, in your opinion?

several houses which are in a fit condition to be given to families arent,some houses i appreciated are in a state of disrepair while others need to be brought up to standard to meet new regulations,whats your opinion on it???

several houses which are in a fit condition to be given to families arent,some houses i appreciated are in a state of disrepair while others need to be brought up to standard to meet new regulations,whats your opinion on it???

Lack of staff, and lack of funding. Staffing is the major number 1 issue- followed by a general lack of funding (to basically do anything at all).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭V.W.L 11

Lack of staff, and lack of funding. Staffing is the major number 1 issue- followed by a general lack of funding (to basically do anything at all).

only 1 allocations officer in cork even before the recession so its nothing new

only 1 allocations officer in cork even before the recession so its nothing new

What is new is the number of cases this stretched allocations officer has to deal with. How many times more cases does he have- 16 or 17 times as many as he had in 2005? If he had assistance (realistically 2 or 3 people)- they could effectively work their way through the sheer number of cases they have. As is- regardless of how wonderful this officer is- he simply is overwhelmed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement