Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aarklash Legacy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Sprog 4

Did you buy it and if so what are your thoughts? I'm a huge fan of Baldur's Gate and pretty much all Infinity Engine games so this game has piqued my interest. I've seen the videos and the combat looks great. Not too expensive either. I know it's not an epic like BG was and is much shorter. I guess what I want to know is are the player characters any good? Do they have personalities and is there any banter amongst the party? Is the story engaging? That sort of thing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Sprog 4 wrote: »
    Did you buy it and if so what are your thoughts? I'm a huge fan of Baldur's Gate and pretty much all Infinity Engine games so this game has piqued my interest. I've seen the videos and the combat looks great. Not too expensive either. I know it's not an epic like BG was and is much shorter. I guess what I want to know is are the player characters any good? Do they have personalities and is there any banter amongst the party? Is the story engaging? That sort of thing.

No i didnt buy,too many games.
    I was just putting it out there as it looks decent,will buy it at some stage though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Dcully wrote: »
    No i didnt buy,too many games.
    I was just putting it out there as it looks decent,will buy it at some stage though.

This for me also. To many games that if i bought what i liked the look of id never finish anything. Have to control myself......till Steam Christmas sale atleast :D

Saw Force playing this alot and thats what got me interested. Combat system seems really great like Baldurs and Icewind Dale but i heard the story is a pretty generic fantasy tale and the game length is short for an RPG clocking in at an average of 20-25 hours. Will grab it when its 75% off on steam though...

So I picked it up and I have to say I'm pretty happy with it. The story is pretty generic as you say but it's fairly entertaining (it's not like the Icewind Dale stories were anything special). The characters are pretty unique (some are a bit irritating though but they are probably supposed to be) and the world design is beautiful. The combat is where the game excels. It is challenging but satisfying and frequently requires adjustments of strategy to succeed although it would be nice if the characters had some more abilities to choose from. The biggest complaint I have is the lack of a proper inventory system. You can only kit out your characters with trinkets and stuff (4 slots each) and these are all pretty boring. However, if you're into these kind of games you shouldn't be disappointed by it. I tend to find that if I wait for Steam Sales and such I buy a bunch of games all at once and never play them -creating a gaming 'backlog' that I simply can't get through. I'm spacing out my purchases these days, probably works out cheaper in terms of gaming hours per euro.

Just finished this. Really enjoyed it. Took me about 20 hours on hard (ie lots of reloading and rethinking strategy) but a better player would do it much faster I'm sure :D. I would have loved it to be longer. You can make some really interesting group combinations and the skill tree turned out to be better than I thought at first look with some interesting choices in there. Boss fights were interesting if a little too easy (the normal monster packs were harder I found). If the combat in Project Eternity or any other upcoming cRPG turns out to be this solid I'll be very happy. I hope they make enough money to get some DLC or a sequel out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Rise!

Just bought this online for 6 euro. I have a GTX 580 and this game on the lowest graphic quality possible is overheating it. Anyone else had any issues? I'm at a loss for words right now. So bummed right now. Guess ill buy Wasteland :(

Advertisement