Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I study a subject outside of school?

• 13-09-2013 4:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭

Do I have to inform the school? Is there any specific form? Or do I just teach myself and attend the exam on the day?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭GrezzC

Unless there's required practical work / experiments you just register for the exam and sit away I believe!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You have to tell the school when they are sending in the LC returns. I think the final ones are in February or thereabouts. If you miss the deadline and there is an oral or a practical involved it causes problems. I would see no problem with you telling your Examinations Secretary now, just to let them know your intentions.

Advertisement