Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just moved to Artane, thought I'd say hello.

Options
  • 13-09-2013 4:55pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭

Howya lads,

Just moved to Artane and thought I'd introduce myself.
    I used to post a lot in the Galway City forum and thought I could get involved here too.

Anyone want to give me recommendations of stuff to do in the area to keep busy that would be great.

Specifically looking for advice on what gyms are in or near the area and which is the bets value for money?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Can't advise you on gyms in the area, but welcome to Dublin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

I have no idea about gyms either, I can only recommend a decent vet ;)

But welcome to Dublin anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Seaneh wrote: »
    Howya lads,

Just moved to Artane and thought I'd introduce myself.
    I used to post a lot in the Galway City forum and thought I could get involved here too.

Anyone want to give me recommendations of stuff to do in the area to keep busy that would be great.

Specifically looking for advice on what gyms are in or near the area and which is the bets value for money?

Ben Dunne north wood santry

€200 for 15 months

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Hammertime wrote: »
    Ben Dunne north wood santry

€200 for 15 months

Where are you seeing that rate? €225 for 12 months on the website?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,692 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

The gym up in Parnells is decent enough, 200 for 12 months of 150 if you're a 3rd level student. It's only down the road too.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    The gym up in Parnells is decent enough, 200 for 12 months of 150 if you're a 3rd level student. It's only down the road too.

Hey, where is that?

Parnell GAA or what?

Edit:

Never mind, just found the website "The Channel"?

Looks like it's only a few mins down the road from me going by their google map.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,466 ✭✭✭✭cson

Knowing you from the Soccer forum; get yourself acquainted with the Woolshed and the Living Room in the City Centre. Good football pubs and pretty sure you'll catch every Meeeelan game this season between the two of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Welcome to the forum and the city Seaneh. I'll second Parnells btw, have heard good things and was thinking of joining myself

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I'll third Parnells. The gym facilities are excellent. The gym is run by a rather well known, recently retired ex Mayo footballer. So if you are from Galway, you should have plenty to talk about. :D

The food in the club house restaurant is top notch too.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Howya Seaneh! Welcome to the city, the forum & especially De Nortsoide. Good choice. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

cson wrote: »
    Knowing you from the Soccer forum; get yourself acquainted with the Woolshed and the Living Room in the City Centre. Good football pubs and pretty sure you'll catch every Meeeelan game this season between the two of them.

Ah but knowing him from the Beer forum he wouldn't go near those places :P(well, TLR serves Punk in draught).

I've told you elsewhere, but for beers head around to McHugh's Offo on the Malahide Rd, Tesco in Artane Castle.

Best boozer in the area is Harry Byrne's down in Clontarf, which is walkable. They have a decent selection of Irish Craft Beers in bottles, and (I think) Hooker on tap.

DO NOT go to the Cock & Bull up there near Parnell's in Coolock village, it's tied in with the Porterhouse in some way, but "craft beer" is not to be found - unless you really fancy a pint of Shandon/Rebel Red.

There's a large Lidl behind the Maxol too.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Talk has already moved to beer and football, your reputation precedes you :p

Welcome to Dublin anyway!

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Advertisement