Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EGO K Battery issue

Options
  • 13-09-2013 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭

Hi fellow vapours:D

I have been vaping now since July.I find it brilliant to be honest

Last few days my 2 batteries have been acting up.

One battery fell apart when I was disconnecting from the charger one of the solders broke so a wire is lose and the other battery the thread is damaged so it won't screw into either the atomizer or the charger without a lot a fiddling with it.

My question is seeming both batteries seem useless is it possible I can replace the battery with damaged solder and put good thread on that on my other one.?

Anyone know the battery life on one of these after each charge do they drop in performance eventually.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

dave1982 wrote: »
    Hi fellow vapours:D

I have been vaping now since July.I find it brilliant to be honest

Last few days my 2 batteries have been acting up.

One battery fell apart when I was disconnecting from the charger one of the solders broke so a wire is lose and the other battery the thread is damaged so it won't screw into either the atomizer or the charger without a lot a fiddling with it.

My question is seeming both batteries seem useless is it possible I can replace the battery with damaged solder and put good thread on that on my other one.?

Anyone know the battery life on one of these after each charge do they drop in performance eventually.

I did this today when mine broke. Took me 2 mins, the black connection was severed when i soldered it back the red one fell off soldered that too.. - I was surprised how flimsy the battery is...its working great now, you would be mad to buy a new one..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Yeah buying a new one is last resort, I'm guessing the battery with damaged thread is beyond but the bad solder one might be OK I hope.I was hoping I could combine the two

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Cross threading is fatal, unforgettably. If you have a top piece from an old battery and are handy with a soldering iron, you could replace it. Tricky to get them little buttons back right. I use a twesers to lay them into the hole and slide the board back on top in the slot.
    Which brings us to the other battery, yes you can solder them back, again tricky and fiddley job but doable.
    Batterys do die after a few hundred charges, they dont last as long between charges and start to weaken faster.
    You get 9 to 12 months heavy use.
    Oh if the battery is falling out it will need to be soldered at the bottom as well, push a rod down the tube and pop off the base, solder and slide the batt back, tap the base in place then solder/assemble the top bits.
    Load of trouble for a 15 euro battery.
    edit
    Ego connectors available here along with loads of other stuff.
    http://www.stealthvape.co.uk/electronic-cigarette-mod-parts/ecig-mod-parts-battery-connectors/ego-battery-connector

Advertisement