Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sarah's study log.

• 13-09-2013 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

I figured out it was time to make one of these, as it is well needed at this stage. Hopefully it will prevent me from procrastination during Le Bac and help keep me focused. Not 100% sure what i want to do yet. Looking for Commerce and French in Nuig (525) Financial Maths and economics (NUIG) about 450, European Business with French in DCU (480) or Maths and PE teaching in UL.

Grades I hope to get,

Business A1
    Biology B1
    Music A2
    Economics B2
    French B2
    Maths B3
    English C1/B3
    Irish.. Meh

All higher level.

Oh and hoping for a Distinction in LCVP
    I do music as an extra subject.

Let's do this!

Also, if anyone does any of these subjects as has useful study aids/methods/tips I would greatly appreciate it. And if anyone does any of the college courses above and has any information they'd like to share, I'd greatly appreciate it also!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭sarahkiely125

Managed to get quite a bit done over the past few days despite a lot of sport and illness.

Business: made out notes on all of unit 1 and described things in my own words in order to gain a clearer understanding.
    Biology: made out my own notes and thoroughly revised scientific method, cell division, cell diversity, microscope, cell structure, osmosis and diffusion, characteristics of life.
    Music: went over backing chords and did a couple of exam questions. Also got 3 of my practical songs up to Atleast a B standard.
    French: two journal intimes, le plus que parfait and two comprehensions

I plan on revising all of algebra in the next few days, along with going over all these sections of biology and business, passé compose and l'imparfait and practicimg my oral and getting my fourth song for music practical underway,

Our English teacher is crazy. Just write a 24 page essay on Heaney, she expects everyone to be above 20 pages. Takes a lot of time away from my other subjects. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Achieve Greatness

Our English teacher is crazy. Just write a 24 page essay on Heaney, she expects everyone to be above 20 pages. Takes a lot of time away from my other subjects. :(

Don't do it. That's just retarded.

Don't do it. That's just retarded.

Yes, but we dont have much choice. Its been that way since first year.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Achieve Greatness

Yes, but we dont have much choice. Its been that way since first year.

You do. Just don't do it. Let the teacher complain to whoever he wants. Parents, year head, and principle should all agree with you.

• Advertisement

Getting distracted so easily, need to start proper study and soon! I'm attending English grinds as part of a class and getting quite an amount of homework. Spent most of yesterday doing grinds homework and homework from school. Thankfully, we have no school today.
    I plan on
    Finishing my document for French, changing it from my original idea.
    Maths homework and geometry revision. Also have a grind later.
    Biology: food chapter.
    French: passé composé
    Economics: make out notes on Monopoly.

This mid term I did:
    Bishop essay
    Revised Dickinson and half of Heaney

Maths exam questions on algebra, and probability

Biology: excretion, blood and heart, lymphatic system
    Music: picked my third song fort he practical and revised everything on Beatles
    Economics: 4 exam questions on market structures
    Business: business expansion, enterprise, leading and motivation
    French: oral work and document

Christmas exams; predictions.

English B3. Teacher marks ridiculously hard so god only knows
    Irish (OL) B1
    Maths - A2
    French - B1/A2
    Business A2
    Economics -B2
    Biology -B3
    Music - B1
    LCVP - got a distinction

Only finished my exams yesterday, such a drag!

Christmas results -
    English - not back yet
    Irish OL 80
    Maths 81
    French 84
    Business 90
    Economics 88
    Music 80
    Biology 65 (went horribly wrong)
    LCVP distinction

540 unless I get a B3 in English which I doubt will happen. Happy but feel that's as far as I can stretch myself.

Need 420 so feel safe.

• Advertisement

Mocks went quite well.

Haven't got English back yet
    Irish OL - B1
    Maths - B3
    French - B2
    Business - B1
    Economics - B1
    Music - B2
    Lcvp - distinction
    Biology - C3 - alot of work needed here

So 500 points. Quite happy. Should be ok considering I need about 450 to be safe. Still alot of work to be done :)

Took the weekend off to go out. Started yesterday. Getting alot done. Between yesterday and today I have covered

English- four yeats poems. Find it difficult to study poetry.
    Macbeth - kingship
    Maths -algebra and financial maths
    French- about half hour of listening. Grammar and alcohol.
    Business - global business and EU
    Music-two backing chords
    Economics- set of short Qs.

Id also really appreciate if anyone had any good methods for studying for business economics and french written.

So leaving cert is just around the corner! I am starting to get slightly panicked, not entirely sure why. Since Monday ive covered dickinson, yeats, larkin. Planning on revising over Mahon today. I really hope one of these four come up. If not, im screwed. I've also covered kingship, ladyMB and MB, banquo macduff, witches. Need to start on cultural context today.
    For maths ive been focusing on paper one and have covered financial maths integration and differentiation. Sequences and series today.
    Ive spent an hour everyday looking over french topics and vocab. I also covered about three hours of listening yesterday.
    My life is consumed by english, maths and french at the moment. Relying on dickinson yeats larkin or mahon.

Going to spend the day in the library, and focus on Maths and french. When I get home, biology experiments and as much bio as possible. Same subjects tomorrow and then Sunday/monday/tueaday its English English English. Got to love this leaving cert!

Agh. Ok. English.
    Paper one: comprehension wasn't too bad. I did text one. I did the text two question B. I think I kinda messed up. It was the influences on lives, I wanted to stay away from the obvious to give the correcter something different. My positive were education and heros. Negative was media, facebook and recession. I said alot about recession, how young people have to hibernate in academia etc. I think I messed up. Im not sure if its an influence. I was quite happy with my composition, I did the personal essay.

Paper 2: came out so happy.
    Then I went home. I think I misinterpreted the MB Q. I talked about struggle between character like LMB and MB .. shes more powerful, then he becomes more powerful etc. I dont know if this is what the question asked!!!! :( I also talked about banque and duncan. How banquo wouls be a father to a line of kings, opposing threat to MBs power etc. I know, its totally wrong.
    I did v&vp for comparative. Did the 70 marker. I just took random events that happened in each text and how they presented a bleak vision. Probably wrong too.
    POetry was ok but I didnt see the part where it said refer to language and themes for dickinson. I didn't really discuss themes. Vaguely mentioned them. Unseen poem I threw anything down.
    I can kiss my B out the window. FML. :(

All my exams have gone terrible. FML.

All my exams have gone terrible. FML.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

I doubt they were that bad, everyone feels like that!

Don't take the posters here as an accurate representation of everyone doing their LC or it will wreck your head.

Don't take the posters here as an accurate representation of everyone doing their LC or it will wreck your head.

I feel like my mocks were 100 times better. I got 510 and I feel like ill be lucky to get 400. Hopefully they arnt as bad as I think..

I feel like my mocks were 100 times better. I got 510 and I feel like ill be lucky to get 400. Hopefully they arnt as bad as I think..

• Advertisement
Advertisement