Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Dublin from the West

Options
  • 13-09-2013 7:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hi,

I'm moving to Dublin because of work.

I will be working in Dun Laoghaire and I wondered if anyone would be able to suggest some suburbs relatively close by that are not expensive. I will have 350-400 euro per month for rent.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Dart line would be best I would imagine.

Sandymount, Booterstown, Blackrock...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Your budget is limiting. 'Relatively' inexpensive areas close to Dunlaoghaire would be Sallynoggin, which hasn't much on the rental front generally, and Shankill. Sallynoggin is walking distance, Shankill would be bus/Dart. Rents in Dunlaoghaire itself wouldn't be much more though - comparing like for like.

This is the wrong forum btw - you should be in Dublin South County.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,692 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Because Dun Laoghaire's right on the dart line, you could probably look a little further afield. Rents around Dun Laoghaire and the surrounding area is fairly high, you'd get a nicer place for less money further out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭xXxkorixXx

monkstown farm is very close and probably pretty cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

If you live in DL itself, you'll save a fortune on Dart/Bus fares.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Aard wrote: »
    If you live in DL itself, you'll save a fortune on Dart/Bus fares.

You won't get accommodation in Dun L itself at that price. Rents rival city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

How many people are you willing to share with OP? Do you want a house or an apartment? You won't get anything decent in that price range unless you are willing to share with others.

Advertisement