Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I entitled to anything? Do I have to be out of work 2 years?

• 13-09-2013 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

I'm a 20 year old student currently holding a PLC and Higher National Diploma and not continuing with education (for financial reasons).
    I have a part time job (earning max€100 a week) and living in a rent free situation (not at home, but just contributing to bills).
    I am looking for full time work at the moment, but finding it very hard to support myself financially. I finished college in May.

I went into my local citizens information and the guy wasn't too helpful, basically said to me I have to be out of work 2 years before I'm entitled to ANYTHING. I've worked 6 years part time so should have stamps, would I be entitled to JSA or the dole?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

If you work 3 days or less you can apply for a jobseekers casual payment. You may be entitled to a benefit payment depending on the number of contributions you have paid or you could apply for jobseekers allowance which is means tested. The best thing you can do is call into your local sw office and see what you can claim for.

Advertisement