Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

holiday pay

Options
  • 13-09-2013 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Just wondering does anybody know how many hours holiday pay i would be entitled to this year in total. I work on average 35 hrs a week but was out of work for 9 weeks sick.Would appreciate if anybody could give me an estimate

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭ofcork

It should be 8% of the hours you have worked this year,being out sick doesn't build up holiday hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Tordelback

madmax72 wrote: »
    Just wondering does anybody know how many hours holiday pay i would be entitled to this year in total. I work on average 35 hrs a week but was out of work for 9 weeks sick.Would appreciate if anybody could give me an estimate

Pro rata statutory is 8% of hours worked, in your case you earn an average 2.8 hours per week worked. If as suggested you only worked 43 weeks that's an entitlement of 120.4 hours, so assuming you work a 7 hour day that's 17 and a bit days.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭madmax72

Tordelback wrote: »
    Pro rata statutory is 8% of hours worked, in your case you earn an average 2.8 hours per week worked. If as suggested you only worked 43 weeks that's an entitlement of 120.4 hours, so assuming you work a 7 hour day that's 17 and a bit days.

thanks just wondering is the 8 per cent pro rata rate calculated on holiday pay received in the year or just on the hours worked

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I've had a similar period of time off sick this year and it hasn't affected my holidays. My employer said the period would need to be a lot longer to affect holiday entitlement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

Troon wrote: »
    I've had a similar period of time off sick this year and it hasn't affected my holidays. My employer said the period would need to be a lot longer to affect holiday entitlement.

At the moment, in the private sector this is at the discretion of the employer. European laws saying you should still accrue leave whilst out sick is not enforceable so it depends on your employment conditions with your employer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

madmax72 wrote: »
    thanks just wondering is the 8 per cent pro rata rate calculated on holiday pay received in the year or just on the hours worked

On the hours worked.

Advertisement