Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Automatic booting of Win7 on dual-boot

Options
  • 13-09-2013 8:16pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 397 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have Ubuntu and Win 7 dual-boot on my Acer Revo net-top and when I turn it on it's Ubuntu that gets automatically booted. I'd like to change it so Win7 is automatically booted but I'd like to keep Ubuntu.

Is this possible?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

welkin wrote: »
    Hi all,

I have Ubuntu and Win 7 dual-boot on my Acer Revo net-top and when I turn it on it's Ubuntu that gets automatically booted. I'd like to change it so Win7 is automatically booted but I'd like to keep Ubuntu.

Is this possible?

Cheers.

Yes. Presumably it is the GRUB boot loader?

See here - http://askubuntu.com/questions/100232/how-do-i-change-the-grub-boot-order

Its the default entry that you'll be looking for.

You can manually edit the config files either and reinitialise the grub bootloader but the link above should work relatively easy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 397 ✭✭welkin

Cheers dude, that looks perfect.

Advertisement