Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yak in old cork road

• 13-09-2013 8:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭

Has anyone ever seen the yak in a field on the old cork road , fantastic looking animal

Wonder who owns him . How he came about to get a yak and why would he want a yak

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Sorry to disappoint but its a highland cow (cattle).

Not sure why theres just one in the field though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

angeldaisy wrote: »
    Sorry to disappoint but its a highland cow (cattle).

Not sure why theres just one in the field though.

Just googled highland cow ( never heard of one before ) and yep that's what it is.

Still fab looking animal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Is it a cow or a bull that is there? One in a field might suggest it is a bull.

Both are pretty cool looking, but am asking as I have not seen a Highland bull in the flesh for a few decades. They are built like a tank, and their heads always remind me of a minotaur from Greek mythology.

Pass it most days, but never got close enough to see!! Its on its own with a horse for company. Beautiful animal though..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Kess73 wrote: »
    Is it a cow or a bull that is there? One in a field might suggest it is a bull.

Both are pretty cool looking, but am asking as I have not seen a Highland bull in the flesh for a few decades. They are built like a tank, and their heads always remind me of a minotaur from Greek mythology.

It's a bull , It's huge alright I would not get too close to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭fleabag

Been going past this field all week and the Aberdeen Angus seems to be gone. Hope he's not on the supermarket shelves ...:(
    The white horse is still there though.

fleabag wrote: »
    Been going past this field all week and the Aberdeen Angus seems to be gone. Hope he's not on the supermarket shelves ...:(
    The white horse is still there though.

I noticed that she'd gone this week as well. I'll keep an eye out in the other fields as we often walk around that area

Advertisement