Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia Lumia 820

• 13-09-2013 8:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've just upgraded from an 800 to the 820. I'm quite happy with the progression to wp8. One of the apps that I miss is Counters, enabling me to keep track of my 3g data usage. I recently looked at a 920 in CPW and it had a data tracker app on it. Is there a similar app available for the 820?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

When/if you update to gdr2/amber and you'll get datasense which is pretty much the same as counters and then some

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

Any idea when this update will be available? (Vodafone), I've heard it has already been released by some of the U.S. carriers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭Beagslife

According to the Nokia site, it is already available for your mobile on Vodafone.

Nokia Support

Check in your settings for 'phone update'. DataSense might be restricted by some operators though.

MC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭ablelocks

it took a week or so for the update to come through for me. data sense is working fine (i have an unlocked phone on 3)

there is a way of getting Pro Cam on the 820 - i tried once but it didn't work but i will be trying again...
    1. Change your phone region to United States

2. Connect to a WiFi network

3. Under Settings - WiFi, click on the WiFi network you are connected to

4. Switch 'Proxy' to on. Now type "117.135.139.179" into "Server/URL". In "Port", type in "8888", then click on the tick at the bottom of the screen

7. Go to the Store and click on 'Nokia Collection'

8. Download Nokia Pro Cam

9. Turn Proxy off, set your phone region back to normal, and Restart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭ablelocks

this link has a better step by step to install pro cam on the 820 - worked first time for me.

are there any other US (or device) only apps that are worth installing using this method?

edit - I just noticed that some samsung and htc apps are also available - are there any decent ones worth installing? (assuming they would actually work?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

I ve tried using nokia software update for retail 3.08 to get me the amber update. I'm using an unlocked 02 820 with a vodafone sim.
    It was able to reset the phone and get me an update from 1232.5957.1308.0003 to 1232.5957.1308.0004 and that's it. Am I doing something wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭Beagslife

I ve tried using nokia software update for retail 3.08 to get me the amber update. I'm using an unlocked 02 820 with a vodafone sim.
    It was able to reset the phone and get me an update from 1232.5957.1308.0003 to 1232.5957.1308.0004 and that's it. Am I doing something wrong?

It should be available to you now, via normal ota update. See Widows Phone Central.

Enjoy.

Beagslife wrote: »
    It should be available to you now, via normal ota update. See Widows Phone Central.

Enjoy.

It's working now. just downloading the update file.

• Advertisement
Advertisement