Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Music online

Options
  • 13-09-2013 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭

Since most cd shops seem to be gone what is the best place to buy a cd online? Looking for Irish and elsewhere.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭thesultan

looking to get O Emperor's new album. Best place to buy it online?

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭buster180

www.play.com is the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭lewisdhead

thesultan wrote: »
    looking to get O Emperor's new album. Best place to buy it online?

This I reckon would be the best place to buy O Emperor.

http://oemperor.bandcamp.com/album/vitreous

amazon for any other cd's.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

itunes

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭thesultan

How much do amazon charge for postage? Isn't play free on this regard?

• Advertisement

thesultan wrote: »
    How much do amazon charge for postage? Isn't play free on this regard?

Amazon charge postage Play don't. Postage if buying from Amazon for 1 cd is £2.28stg, if buying from a marketplace seller on Amazon it seems to be £1.82stg for some reason. I just said Amazon because I feel the choice is better. I've used Play many times too, and they are decent. Although it changed a little recently, where the cd's are from 3rd party sellers a bit like Marketplace sellers on Amazon. Just compare both price wise before buying, but my preference is Amazon.

BTW If it's O Emperor you're after I would buy from their bandcamp site. Nice to know you're supporting the artist directly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭6am7f9zxrsjvnb

hd wow are cheaper than amazon and you don`t pay postage...i have ordered close to a hundred cds from them and they all arrived..only downside- they can take anything from 4 days to 3 weeks to arrive- usually posted from asia

hd wow are cheaper than amazon and you don`t pay postage...i have ordered close to a hundred cds from them and they all arrived..only downside- they can take anything from 4 days to 3 weeks to arrive- usually posted from asia

My problem with HDWOW is that they advertise albums,dvds,games etc for sale and some of them they say in stock ready for immediate dispatch, these are fine. However some stuff, although released and available in shops or other online stores, they say "dispatched within 7-10 days". Be careful if ordering one of these as I have had to, on a few occasions, cancel the order, as there was no sign of it being dispatched. When you contact them they just give a stock reply of "waiting for item from our suppliers, will send when..............bla, bla bla. Also they charge your card when you place the order, not when they dispatch the order.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭chucksandstorm

Yeah www.play.com is still a good spot for CD's

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭new_maniac

I'd buy with Amazon nearly all the time because you can get the digital track for free. Although have bought CD's from play.com as well postage can be slow though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭LooksLikeRain

I use wowhd all the time. Free postage and well packaged but can take a while to arrive. good price too.
    I found that most CDs I ordered from amazon were badly packaged and I had to replace the jewel cases.
    Always check Ebay too as you can sometimes find a bargin if you know what you want

Advertisement