Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laya Policy Lapsed

Options
  • 13-09-2013 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi, I'm looking for some help. My healthcare policy lapsed with Laya on May 1st this year. I completely forgot to renew it, tomorrow, next week, definitely today and so on. I went to renew it today and they said as I was outside the period I cannot under any circumstances renew the policy. We will be new customers and everything will be reset in terms of waiting periods and so on. Can anyone please give me some advice on what to do.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 CCFROM

Once its greater than 13 weeks you begin all over again. Its the same for all health insurers. I think the initial waiting period is waived with Laya . However pre existing of 5 years or more applies. Maternity if applicable is 52 weeks,

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

You've no choice but to start out as a completely new customer after 13 weeks has elapsed between policies.

Advertisement