Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbridge food and drink

Options
  • 13-09-2013 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Recently moved to newbridge, looking to know where's good to eat and good for a pint! And anywhere to avoid too?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Judge Roy Beans is nice for a pint and they do nice food.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

Good to Eat: Few places on the square in Kildare town
    Fallons or Bardons in Kilcullen
    Brown bear - two mile house
    Ballymore in - B. Eustace

Avoid: Newbridge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

The brown bear is fantastic.
    It's true Newbridge never really had the greatest selection of restaurants but there is a few popping up.

Le Bistro is nice - good value. Have been meaning to try All seasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

foodaholic wrote: »
    The brown bear is fantastic.
    It's true Newbridge never really had the greatest selection of restaurants but there is a few popping up.

Le Bistro is nice - good value. Have been meaning to try All seasons.
    What do you mean not a great selection of restaurants. Do you not know were getting a new KFC drive thru?. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

Swifts carvery for food, I'm from Kerry and go there whenever I'm passing Newbridge. Flanagans for a pint is good, nice mix of people and an old enough pub I think. I enjoy it anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Judge Roy Beans has gone from being very good to very poor over the last year or so.
    Jaipore indian is very good,swifts is also very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Dubchef

Is the food in the Newbridge Greyhound Stadium any good and is it a decent night out?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭froggie76

Newbridge dog track is a good night out when your in a group, I havnt had food there since it re opened so cant comment on it, its been very quite out there the last few times I have been.
    Harrigans also a good spot for food and a drink!
    McDonnells pub is a good lively spot with music most weekends.
    Avoid - Charlie Ryans (at the bus stop) The winning post and maybe even a few more.
    Agree Flannagans is a nice spot!

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

What's Donatellos Newbridge restaurant like? I do hear mixed reviews on it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭haveabanana

The Hanged Mans Arch out in Milltown if you're fancy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Droichead nua

SQ2 wrote: »
    What's Donatellos Newbridge restaurant like? I do hear mixed reviews on it...

It's gone as far as I know... Looked for it but could not find. There is donatellos in maynooth which is lovely

froggie76 wrote: »
    Newbridge dog track is a good night out when your in a group, I havnt had food there since it re opened so cant comment on it, its been very quite out there the last few times I have been.
    Harrigans also a good spot for food and a drink!
    McDonnells pub is a good lively spot with music most weekends.
    Avoid - Charlie Ryans (at the bus stop) The winning post and maybe even a few more.
    Agree Flannagans is a nice spot!

Anywhere else to avoid? Liked McDonnells! Any craft beer pubs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭ronnie085

Anywhere else to avoid? Liked McDonnells! Any craft beer pubs?

Coffeys across from the garda station has a selection of craft beers, nice pub too.

ronnie085 wrote: »
    Coffeys across from the garda station has a selection of craft beers, nice pub too.

Sound! Was in there once few years back, looks nice! Will have to check out their selection of beers

• Registered Users Posts: 47 alice carroll

Michael Murphy's furniture shop has a lovely café serving lovely lunch in the back of the shop.
    Hokey Pokey in charlmont Mall is also lovely for lunch

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭froggie76

Donatellos is now apache pizza!

froggie76 wrote: »
    Donatellos is now apache pizza!

Shame

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

Ah! Probably because of the mixed reviews! The Maynooth one is a lot nicer since they renovated, but expensive

Advertisement