Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls, Derry, Sept 28th

Options
  • 13-09-2013 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Anyone heading to this?
    Frank Turner headlining 'Cut the Transmission' in Derry 28th September. Its a farewell gig for Fighting with Wire. £20 for Frank, ASIWYFA plus loads of others isn't too bad!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Are FWW playing at it? Not that I can go, but them, ASIWYFA, Frank Turner for 20 quid is possiblynthe best value gig going.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dwight_schrute

Mushy wrote: »
    Are FWW playing at it? Not that I can go, but them, ASIWYFA, Frank Turner for 20 quid is possiblynthe best value gig going.

Yeah they are, I forgot to post this:
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151587103166752&set=pb.15838606751.-2207520000.1379109929.&type=3&theater

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

What a line up that is but sadly wont be there , yea its FWW last gig since Cahir is Frank Turners new guitar tech

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

dont forget Future of the Left

and Lafaro :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭pervertedcoffee

Family picked that day of all days to emigrate to Oz...would it be very bad form if I didn't see them off at the airport? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,802 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Dying to go, just gotta try and figure out how to get back to dublin after.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Just found out about this today. I only live an hour from Derry, I'd never forgive myself if I didn't go. I'll be there if i have to walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Well, how was it? I bought a ticket but didn't go in the end, was working late all week and to midnight on Friday and just couldn't face the 5 hour round trip from home to go to it. :(

Was a brilliant night. Well worth the 8 hour round trip.
    Cant comment on the early bands, got in for Lafaro.
    Lafaro were great, the singer made the biggest foot in mouth comment 'its quite ironic that most of your dads were probably beaten up here'
    Overall, pretty good craic.

FWW - got a full hour set. Really annoyed me that i hadnt seen these since Wittness I think. Really tight rock band. great send off. A lot of man love for the bass player.

Future of the Left - Main reason for going, great. Mostly classics, a couple of new songs and finishing with a lightsaber.

ASIWYFA - class as ever. Best band in the island of ireland at the moment.

Frank Turner - Sorry this is where i dipped out. He wasnt playing any instruments as he was wearing a corset for some back problems. They werent my thing, sounded Billy Bragg-ish which isnt my bag. Stayed for a few songs but left. Good crowd tho.

In all it was a great night, disappointing turnout. I reckon it was 20% full.

Special mention to the security manager have to say. When the mini mosh circle pit started up the security all steamed in to pull kids out and be generally OTT as H&S defines them to be. He stormed in and pulled his guys out and said let them have their fun and stand back. He was even clapping the bands. Bizarre

But yeah, fantastic line up/venue/organisation. Wish I couldve got there early for some of the other bands.

• Advertisement
Advertisement