Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Train Station Misfortunes

• 14-09-2013 2:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Is it the new thing to be claiming that you lost your ticket/money and asking people if they'd help pay for your trip back to wherever you live?

I've noticed it a few times. Last Monday it happened again. There was a fellah who went right up to people by the pay machines asking for money for a trip back to Ennis.

Anyone else notice this happening?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Yeah it's called asking for money to help fund their crack addiction get them a ticket

People do that everywhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Sigourney

[quote="Redsky;86529459"t There was a fellah who went right up to people by the pay machines...[/quote]

Does he accept credit cards, himself? Might not be the best location to be looking for cash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,338 ✭✭✭✭phog

Redsky wrote: »
    Is it the new thing to be claiming that you lost your ticket/money and asking people if they'd help pay for your trip back to wherever you live?

I've noticed it a few times. Last Monday it happened again. There was a fellah who went right up to people by the pay machines asking for money for a trip back to Ennis.

Anyone else notice this happening?

I haven't noticed it in Limerick, maybe because when I use the train it's always the early morning ones I get but it's a real problem in Heuston at the LUAS.

Did he have a can of bud in his hand? We were bombarded at 9am by this guy when we went to Dublin for the semi final a few weeks back. We arrived home at 11pm and he was still there with a can of bud hounding people

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Redsky

No can of bud that I saw. I've seen this happen before but this guy was more aggressive about it and usually they stay outside the station.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pnpweirdo

I was asked by a young FLA on Wickam ST last wednesday at about 2pm for a tenner for a bus home. I said no, then he asked me if i take drugs that he would sell me a sheet of pinks for a tenner. Whatever they are. It was a bit like been in Amsterdam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

young FLA ??

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

fryup wrote: »
    young FLA ??

Fellow > fella > f'la > FLA, kid!

Advertisement