Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro insurance

Options
  • 14-09-2013 2:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

As I said on the last thread, I am traveling to krakow in Poland soon. I am insured with Dolmen but they only cover 1 hour roadside assistance and tow to closest garage. I was thinking about picking up something a little bit more complete. Ideally, Id like an option for a tow back to the ferry/destination if possible. It would be literally for 2 weeks so a year long membership is no use to me. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭JonMac

Search this forum for ADAC. At 98 euro for PartnerPlus a year's coverage isn't too bad; covers Ireland too.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭demoreino

Hi Bombidol ,
    The AA offer a good european cover. Im not sure of the prices . Have a look here ;
    http://www.theaa.ie/AA/Insurance/European-Breakdown-Cover/5-Star-Areas-of-Cover.aspx

Your vehicle will be returned to Ireland if necessary .

Kevin www.iwmotorhomes.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭niloc1951

demoreino wrote: »
    Hi Bombidol ,
    The AA offer a good european cover. Im not sure of the prices . Have a look here ;
    http://www.theaa.ie/AA/Insurance/European-Breakdown-Cover/5-Star-Areas-of-Cover.aspx

Your vehicle will be returned to Ireland if necessary .

Kevin www.iwmotorhomes.ie

Be careful when buying breakdown/recovery insurance. In general these policies are designed for cars and often do not cover vehicles the size of motorhomes.

As has been said the ADAC membership covers any vehicle being driven by the member up to 10 meters long and 7.5t GVW. Incidentally if they are called to a breakdown here in Ireland it's The AA who are retained act as their local agent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

The only thing in English I could find on the ADAC site didnt have any details as to the breakdown coverage etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭niloc1951

bombidol wrote: »
    The only thing in English I could find on the ADAC site didnt have any details as to the breakdown coverage etc.

Loads of info HERE just replace UK with RoI when reading it.

Note, only German residents can join on-line, all other need to phone. Just ask to speak to an English speaking agent and you can be joined up within ten minutes. It's ideal to call them when at a computer as they will ask for an email confirming your request to join. All documents will arrive within a day or two.

As an aside, anyone on Vodafone ready to go can now get 100 free minutes of international call when topping up by €30 so the call can be free. Personally I used Skype Out.

See attached file for the full English ADAC Service Package and T's & C's

• Advertisement
Advertisement