Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Broken into Killarney area

Options
  • 14-09-2013 9:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭

I would like to warn people visiting Tourist spots, to be wary of thieves.
    Had a bag robbed from my car with house keys, wallet. Was only minutes away from the car when it happened. Cost about 1k changes locks fixing broken window etc. Wont be back Kerry anytime soon and would warn people not to go.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭cali_eire

Sorry for your trouble. Sadly, these kinds of things happen lots of places in Ireland. It's a good reminder for us all not to leave valuables in unattended cars but I dont think it's a good reason to label Kerry a "no go" area.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Dob74 wrote: »
    Wont be back Kerry anytime soon and would warn people not to go.

I'd say you won't be visiting or going anywhere if that's the case Dob.
    Its not like this is just a Kerry thing, happens everywhere.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Had a bag robbed from my car with house keys, wallet. Was only minutes away from the car when it happened. Cost about 1k changes locks fixing broken window etc. Wont be back Kerry anytime soon and would warn people not to go.

so cars only get broken into in Kerry is it? leaving valuables in the car is a bad idea, in any town or county!

Location Cork?

The crap news for the OP is that they're gonna have to move. Apparently it even happens in Cork...

http://www.eveningecho.ie/2012/11/09/cars-are-being-robbed-in-cork-while-owners-are-at-training/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    so cars only get broken into in Kerry is it? leaving valuables in the car is a bad idea, in any town or county!

100% good advice. If you're leaving your car, take anything of value with you and certainly be wary in places that are now being actively targeted by thieves like car parks in scenic and tourist areas, outside sports grounds and at times of masses/funerals/community events. And as we've seen on here, locking them in the boot is not the answer either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

It's not unknown for cars to be broken into when people are visiting graveyards.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Molzer2

Sorry to hear about your sad experience, would you mind sharing with us the time and place it happened.

Advertisement