Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Word 2007 template - Create new text field

Options
  • 14-09-2013 11:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

I can't find an answer to this anywhere on the web and the office documentation on the web is total ****e.

I created a new template in word 2007. I can see some of the fields which are included by default. However, I want to create a new (text) field, but cannot find a way of doing it. I clicked on Insert > Quick Parts > Field. But there only seems to be pre-defined fields.

Anyone know how to do this? Or, any alternative suggestions?

Thanks
    S

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Whats the field for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shamrock2004

beauf wrote: »
    Whats the field for?

Hey. It's just a field that can be updated with text. So, for example, I have a letter template and I want a field called 'work title' which can be updated with any arbitrary text.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

That sounds more like a text box than a text field. Are you going to do any processing/automation on the text entered?

Advertisement