Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 YLOD (again). To repair or not?

Options
  • 14-09-2013 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭

My 40gb PS3 fat has gone YLOD for the second time now. I got it reballed by consolepros last November, with a 12 month warranty. Alas, they appear to be gone AWOL now so the warranty is moot. The decision this time around is tougher. The PS4 is out soon enough but won't play PS3 games, which the kids have plenty of. Replacing it with a slim will still cost almost half the price of the PS4, although that would mean forking out on new games.

Is anyone even doing a proper reball service any more? If I got another 10 or 11 months out of it for €60-€70 I might be tempted.

I don't really play it myself these days so I'm not inclined to dump €200 now in order for the kids to decide on something else for christmas either.

What would you do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

Wait till PS4 comes out, that will be 400 + games + controllers (no backwards compatability)or pick up a PS3 for under €100.

Repairing will only lead to enevitable breakage, at least with a new PS3 you'll have another warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Yeah, I think I've given up on the idea of another repair. Buying second hand could mean picking up somebody else's reflowed PS3 living on borrowed time.
    Amazon are doing a 50gb slim with GTA V for £200 stg. I wonder is that the last price drop for this year or will they get cheaper again in a month or two, when the 4 comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 radar_marglar

consolepros is still there, probably just avoiding customers that got stung by them. no fix no fee (LIES).

Advertisement