Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Falco bows?

Options
  • 14-09-2013 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi, I'm just wondering has anyone here any experience with falco bows? I'm looking at the falco spirit carbon, looks like a quality bow.

Any thoughts??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lardy

I used to shoot the Carbon Spirit and couldn't recommend it enough! It really is a fabulous bow. Very fast with zero hand shock. The only reason I'm not still shooting it is I've traded up too a Bodnik Kiowa hunting bow.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Smudge08

Great, thanks for the reply. Did you purchase directly from falco or somewhere else? What length bow did you go with? I'm thinking of the 68" with 45lbs or thereabouts.

I've watched alot of reviews on YouTube and it seems to get the thumbs up off everyone! Thanks again

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

No personal experience but I've only heard good of Falco.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

Smudge08 wrote: »
    Great, thanks for the reply. Did you purchase directly from falco or somewhere else? What length bow did you go with? I'm thinking of the 68" with 45lbs or thereabouts.

I've watched alot of reviews on YouTube and it seems to get the thumbs up off everyone! Thanks again

Mine was a 66", 40lbs @ 28". More than enough poundage. I'm a firm believer that unless you're going hunting, you have no real need for anything over 40lbs. Also, with the shorter bow, you're going to get that little bit extra speed without the extra lbs. My Kiowa is a 52" wooden recurve, 40lbs @ 28". Shes shooting a shade over 200 ft/s.

My Falco was bought originally from The Longbow Shop in the UK.
    http://www.thelongbowshop.com/products/Falco-flatbow-Spirit-Carbon-%252d-stock.html

Yeah 40lbs would probably suit me better actually, my draw length is 29" so at 40lbs I will prob get a little extra anyway.

Have you any idea what fps you were getting with the falco carbon?

Thanks.

• Advertisement

I only did one chrono with it and it was in and around 173 I think.

Great, thanks again for your help.

Ordered my falco spirit on Tuesday night, 68"@40#. 10weeks until I get it but I can't wait! Any suggestions for good arrows to go with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭NavanJames

For anyone that wants to shoot a Falco bow before buying, try a visit to Flybow Archery Shop in Ballina, Co. Mayo. The proprietor (Harald) keeps a couple of different models in stock.

http://www.flybowshop.com/assets/s2dmain.html?http://www.flybowshop.com/

Regards, James.

Advertisement