Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fast Internet in rural Ireland? Help!!

• 14-09-2013 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I've moved to the country side and can't get high speed broadband as I'm use to UPC, but they don't serve the rural area of Ireland, I've done my research and the best fixed line bb I could get was eircom which has max speed of 1mb per sec in this day and age that's not good enough they are other providers suggesting satellite bb but you can't stream or game,
    I mainly need it for streaming and downloading, so if anyone can help with suggestion maybe a SIM card data based wifi dongle that is unlimited and has good speeds, or any other suggestion..
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Sorry for your loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ali1986

Sorry for your loss.

Haha.. I know it's devastating!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

ali1986 wrote: »
    Haha.. I know it's devastating!!

There might be fixed wireless providers in your area.
    Whereabouts are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ali1986

Dazza wrote: »
    There might be fixed wireless providers in your area.
    Whereabouts are you?

Beauparc, Navan, co.meath
    There is fixed wireless providers but only with the eircom line which is max 1meg per sec

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Turtle_Tommy

ali1986 wrote: »
    Beauparc, Navan, co.meath
    There is fixed wireless providers but only with the eircom line which is max 1meg per sec
    He means Fixed Wireless Access providers such as Ripplecom and Permanet. Eircom provide line broadband. FWA usually has better speed and lower latency than 3g. FWA providers also have a larger usage allowance than 3g. Go to IrelandOfffline's coverage map at http://irelandoffline.org/map/ and tick the "Wireless ISPs" box to check which ones are available in your area.

• Advertisement
Advertisement