Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car scratched outside the house

Options
  • 14-09-2013 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi Guys,

Few days ago I was on my way to work, when I've noticed a scratched panel behind the rear wheel on my car. It's covered with bits of green paint, therefore who ever has done it was most likely driving a dark green car. There's few green cars parking outside my house, one of which also have marks that can potentially match to mine.

Question: is it worth reporting (eg. I'm presuming my insurance would cover it), or maybe it's too late , or perhaps I'm risking my insurance rates to go up due to this?

I would say the car value has decreased slightly by this, but 80% of it can be polished away, and I have no problem driving the car after that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Unless you have proof then your really at nothing I'm afraid.
    If you know these people start watching for one to start acting dodgy around you ;)

Happened to the girlfriend when she had the car at work, I went out to wash the car the next day and found someone had done the same. I wanted to kill someone! Luckily most of it polished out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

I would knock around to your immediate neighbours and ask had they seen anything. More so the ones who own green cars(mention the green paint on your car). Good chance there's traces of your paint on their panel, and if so, you may have a case.

Advertisement