Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Community care suggestions please

Options
  • 14-09-2013 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭

Hi I'm in transition year and looking for community care suggestions. Unfortunately the common working in an old folks home or with special needs children doesnt really appeal to me, and i know there are options out there that I'd enjoy more.

I'm a busy, active person that likes to be doing a lot. I've thought about working in a charity shop but I do think that I would find myself really bored.

The one thing I would love to do is work in an animal shelter, I am passionate about animals. You can imagine my anger when my principal scowls at me saying "community care is about working with people!"

Any suggestions?!
    Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

I'd say try the Transition Year forum instead. They'd probably know more about this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭sotisme

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    I'd say try the Transition Year forum instead. They'd probably know more about this :)

Whoops sorry thats where I meant to make this! Have posted in the TY form just there, thanks :)

Advertisement