Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton vs Chelsea SS1 KO 17:30

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Mars Bar wrote: »
    He was by all means playable, he was just almost unstoppable.
    Bug bear?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Damn you Chelsea!! You've just made the list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Bartley is having a great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Whats the deal with Willian? He injured?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Ridiculously cynical half of football from Chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Bug bear?

Yes :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

kaimera wrote: »
    Chelsea look pretty average.

Good performance tho by Everton

Give over will ye. Chelsea should have been 5/6 up before Everton took the lead. Fair play to Everton though deserve to still be in the lead *pats Everton fans on the head*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

So close!
    Garzorico wrote: »
    Give over will ye. Chelsea should have been 5/6 up before Everton took the lead. Fair play to Everton though deserve to still be in the lead *pats Everton fans on the head*

Should have doesn't pay the bills. :)

Everton have just thrown themselves at everything coming at their net.
    The pace of this game is crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Garzorico wrote: »
    From what I've seen, missed the opening half hour, saw the goal and most of the second half.

Average they are.

and I'm the red side of Liverpool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

He was by all means playable, he was just almost unstoppable.

You do know that an unplayable footballer is someone who is difficult to defend against? You basically repeated what I said!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Well, I've seen enough of Eto'o and Schurrle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Fair play to Everton. Did very well.

You do know that an unplayable footballer is someone who is difficult to defend against? You basically repeated what I said!

No it's not. Unplayable means he is not able to play. Injured, unavailable etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

No, "unplayable" doesn't mean difficult to play against. It means somebody who can't play.

A lot of people think they know what it means and you hear it a lot but it is logically incorrect.

A bit like when people say "I could care less". It doesn't mean what they think it means.

Chelsea should have gotten something from that.
    But fair play Everton, threw themselves in the line of fire for the last half hour or so.
    I'd be dropping a few starters from today's team.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

No it's not. Unplayable means he is not able to play. Injured, unavailable etc...

So you've never heard a commentator say "He was unplayable at times last season"? Google it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

kaimera wrote: »
    From what I've seen, missed the opening half hour, saw the goal and most of the second half.

Average they are.

and I'm the red side of Liverpool.

Not great 2nd half and don't deserve a point based on it. Joses fault taking Mata off I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Good result for Everton, Chelsea's ten year anniversary season suffers its first loss.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Enjoyed that, all action stuff there in the second half. Well done Everton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Had more than enough chances to win that game, just didn't take them.

So you've never heard a commentator say "He was unplayable at times last season"? Google it.

I have and I want to punch them!

Anyway, as a mod, I shouldn't have brought this off topic. Apologies.

She knows.....and each time a commentator says it, they are wrong. Like when they say "disorientated". What they actually mean is disoriented. When they say "he was unplayable", what they actually mean is unstoppable or irrepressible.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

I thought Eto'o looked good, just lacked the finish but that should come with game time. Quality in the final third in the second half was poor though. Cole, Mikel and Ramires all too wasteful. Disappointing result in a game that was there to win in the first half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Was impressed with everton, before deadline day id have said theyd be in a bit of trouble but martinez pulled some good signings on the final day.

Chelsea looked very meh, have a feeling itll be the most open season in a while, really looking forward to it.

• Advertisement

I thought Eto'o looked good, just lacked the finish but that should come with game time. Quality in the final third in the second half was poor though. Cole, Mikel and Ramires all too wasteful. Disappointing result in a game that was there to win in the first half.

Eto'o did not look good! Mikel was one of our better players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Can't really have too many complaints. We didn't take our chances despite creating plenty and Everton defended brilliantly. I liked seeing Jose make a mad sub near the end to chase a goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I thought Eto'o looked good, just lacked the finish but that should come with game time.

He was dirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Johner wrote: »
    Eto'o did not look good! Mikel was one of our better players.

I thought he looked good. Link up was impressive at times and made a lot of good off the ball runs, just lacked the finish. Off the ball Mikel did well, my point though was that on the ball going forward he was wasteful.

Eto'o reminded me so much of Torres. Used to be a cracking striker with good pace but has lost that and doesn't really add much. Torres was woeful when he came on, had about two touches. Are 20 goal a season striker that we need is on loan at Everton.

• Advertisement

Johner wrote: »
    Eto'o reminded me so much of Torres. Used to be a cracking striker with good pace but has lost that and doesn't really add much. Torres was woeful when he came on, had about two touches. Are 20 goal a season striker that we need is on loan at Everton.

I'd still chance Torres ahead of Eto'o after today's performance tbh.

Too early to call. Need to watch him for 5 or 6 more games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I thought Eto'o's movement was excellent. He's rusty and not quite up to speed, but if I was a Chelsea fan I'd be happy enough that he'll chip in this season.

Still, Chelsea really need to go out and splash £30m + on a top quality striker who will score week in, week out and have done for quite some time now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Paully D wrote: »
    I thought Eto'o's movement was excellent. He's rusty and not quite up to speed, but if I was a Chelsea fan I'd be happy enough that he'll chip in this season.

Still, Chelsea really need to go out and splash £30m + on a top quality striker who will score week in, week out and have done for quite some time now.

They shouldn't have loaned out the young prospect striker they paid a lot of money for. Now they are left with a couple of has-beens they are paying a fortune every week to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

Paully D wrote: »

They had one,
    But they sold him to Liverpool (to my delight :D) Daniel Sturridge.
    And have to say everton done great buisness getting Barry in,
    And with Lukaku to come in,
    They will get better.

Advertisement