Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chicken wings Dublin 1

Options
  • 14-09-2013 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where to get good chicken wings on the north side of the city centre a la elephant and castle or buffalo 19 ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

Harbourmaster in the IFSC ftw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

There's a KFC on Parnell Street between the centra and the ilac. Never tried it though :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

Easy. The Woolshed on Parnell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

ror_74 wrote: »
    There's a KFC on Parnell Street between the centra and the ilac. Never tried it though :o

You wouldn't pay me to eat in kfc :pac: Disgusting stuff !!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 BigCol

The Louisiana chicken wings in the ivy house drumcondra are truly scrumptious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

I know it's across the river but the Porterhouse do nice, spicy Buffalo wings, just make sure you choose Buffalo sauce, none of the others.

Only difference between them and the Elephant and Castle is that they're not as crispy.

I know it's across the river but the Porterhouse do nice, spicy Buffalo wings, just make sure you choose Buffalo sauce, none of the others.

Only difference between them and the Elephant and Castle is that they're not as crispy.

Looking for ones northside specifically , already got the southside sussed ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

aaabbbb wrote: »
    You wouldn't pay me to eat in kfc :pac: Disgusting stuff !!

I frigging love kfc hotwings.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,307 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I frigging love kfc hotwings.

Weird...

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

I love it when the junk food police come out . Theres never the faintest whiff of hypocrisy..ever !

Mmmm...now I know whats for dinner.

Actually, Camile.ie do lovely wings in a sweet chilli sauce for starters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Oscars in Smithfield big bowl €9.95.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

aaabbbb wrote: »
    Looking for ones northside specifically , already got the southside sussed ;)

porterhouse is also on the northside too

porterhouse is also on the northside too

Glasnevin is a bit far of a walk from city centre for chicken wings ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Sidd

Harbourmaster in the IFSC ftw

Great wings alright, would certainly back this up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Heading into the city centre next Wednesday on a wing/pub crawl. Looking for three or four places in around the city center with the best hot wings. Have done e&c so that's already scratched off the list. Someone said Luigi Malone's do good wings and the harbourmaster. Any other suggestions welcome.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

Slunk wrote: »
    Heading into the city centre next Wednesday on a wing/pub crawl. Looking for three or four places in around the city center with the best hot wings. Have done e&c so that's already scratched off the list. Someone said Luigi Malone's do good wings and the harbourmaster. Any other suggestions welcome.

Expert opinion:
    http://lovindublin.com/brasserie/top-7-places-eat-chicken-wings-dublin/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Having eaten in thunder road and tgi I'm doubtful of that list tbh. Just looking for few more suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭CPSW

Harbourmaster all the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,466 ✭✭✭✭cson

Yep, Harbo does great wings and great platters.

They've shot the after work pints on Thursdays and Fridays up to €4.40 from €4 about a year ago. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Definitely agree with the woolshed shout can't beat their half and half and a few pints! There is Eddie Rockets next door to there if you fancy some Buffalo Wings too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

Slunk wrote: »
    Having eaten in thunder road and tgi I'm doubtful of that list tbh. Just looking for few more suggestions

TGI actually have really nice wings. Spicy, a bit similar to the Frank's Hot Sauce style but different.

Porterhouse's buffalo wings are pretty nice too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,466 ✭✭✭✭cson

Aw man, there's so many better places to go for wings than TGI's. Both sides of the Liffey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

I can't suggest anywhere, but you wing lovers might find this useful :)

Advertisement