Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aviva Premiership 13/14 season thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Davei141 wrote: »
    Officials have been against Sarries the whole game, not surprising they have the final say.
    Sarries have been awarded nearly double the amount of penalties than Northampton have.
    But ya, its the officials :rolleyes:

Well done to Northampton, they deserved to win this match, winning it on points rather than a stupid "try's scored" rule makes it all the sweeter for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭AngeGal

Spot on. Tired of listening to people always cheering when they lose, even against a team full of mercenaries like Toulon who just buy up all the best players. Sarries didn't need to flash the cash to be the best team in England and one of the best in Europe.

They're not matching French spending but not exactly doing it on a shoestring either.

http://www.therugbypaper.co.uk/latest-breaking-news/15791/unfair-cry-clubs-over-huge-loss-at-sarries/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Sarries have been awarded nearly double the amount of penalties than Northampton have.
    But ya, its the officials :rolleyes:

Well done to Northampton, they deserved to win this match, winning it on points rather than a stupid "try's scored" rule makes it all the sweeter for them.

Ah of course they had more penalties considering the possession. Northampton had a much more killer edge and deserved their victory no complaints, i am just bitter.

AngeGal they have built a squad based on great coaching, which superstars have they bought up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,155 ✭✭✭OldRio

Wonderful result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Two final losses in a week for Saracens. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

Did farrell get injured celebrating a try that was disallowed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,155 ✭✭✭OldRio

Two final losses in a week for Saracens. :D

What a pleasing sentence that is.

'Two final losses in a week for Saracens.'

It just falls off the tongue.

'Two final losses in a week for Saracens'

Something poetic and lyric about those words.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Did farrell get injured celebrating a try that was disallowed?

It was disallowed for a forward pass in the lead up to him scoring but when he touched it down he got up and booted the ball in the air which caused him some straight away discomfort and was then taken off.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Flincher

Spot on. Tired of listening to people always cheering when they lose, even against a team full of mercenaries like Toulon who just buy up all the best players. Sarries didn't need to flash the cash to be the best team in England and one of the best in Europe.

You're more likely to find me lowering my testicles into a food blender than supporting the likes of Ashton and Farrell.

Both have contemptible attitudes towards other players. Sneaky off the ball hits, yelling abuse at place kickers, they also both have extremely punchable faces...

Add to that the blaring of cheesy chants over opposition supporters and the whole ERC business and you might go some way towards finding out why Sarries aren't exactly everybody's second favourite team.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Flincher wrote: »
    You're more likely to find me lowering my testicles into a food blender than supporting the likes of Ashton and Farrell.

Both have contemptible attitudes towards other players. Sneaky off the ball hits, yelling abuse at place kickers, they also both have extremely punchable faces...

Add to that the blaring of cheesy chants over opposition supporters and the whole ERC business and you might go some way towards finding out why Sarries aren't exactly everybody's second favourite team.

One word

Venter.

Ashton isn't a dirty player. Ever hear Ashton interviewed? One of the soundest guys around. Just face it you hate him because he swan dives like half the people on this forum who hate him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

Ashton isn't a dirty player. Ever hear Ashton interviewed? One of the soundest guys around. Just face it you hate him because he swan dives like half the people on this forum who hate him.

He hasn't covered himself in glory with the shouting at the kicker debacle. And while i do think he gets a bit too much stick he has a poor enough temperament

Which is a shame because he does seem like a gent off the field, as does Hartley

He hasn't covered himself in glory with the shouting at the kicker debacle. And while i do think he gets a bit too much stick he has a poor enough temperament

Which is a shame because he does seem like a gent off the field, as does Hartley

One incident though, and a very minor one at that. Definitely not something to warrant the abuse he receives. It is very much irrational. Hartley deserves his rep because he is a dirty fecker on the field.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

One incident though, and a very minor one at that. Definitely not something to warrant the abuse he receives. It is very much irrational. Hartley deserves his rep because he is a dirty fecker on the field.

he hardly does himself any favours with the swan dive. Not that i have a massive problem with it, he'll drop one someday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭19543261

Talking a lot of sense. I think most have almost forgotten why he's disliked, he's so engrained in people. It snowballed.

• Advertisement

farrellinjury.gif

glorious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭sdevine89

Does he keep control of the ball?

vine.co/v/MpuAPqY1FHi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

I think you could see from the 15 or so replays that it never left his hand. TMO did a great job yesterday, helped out the inexperienced Doyle as much as possible.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

sdevine89 wrote: »
    Does he keep control of the ball?

vine.co/v/MpuAPqY1FHi

I think so yeah, it never leaves his possession

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Why does this argument have to keep resurfacing, it's irrational to you because you don't dislike him, it's not a black and white thing for one person to decide what is 'deserved'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭19543261

edit: nevermind

Tox56 wrote: »
    Why does this argument have to keep resurfacing, it's irrational to you because you don't dislike him, it's not a black and white thing for one person to decide what is 'deserved'

It is irrational because people foam at the mouth any time he is mentioned. And for what? Because the guy swan dives? There are players who are complete scum on the field and off yet they wouldn't even get a 10th of the abuse Ashton receives. If you want to give some proper reasons for disliking someone so intently i am all ears. Happy Googling.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Flincher

It is irrational because people foam at the mouth any time he is mentioned. And for what? Because the guy swan dives? There are players who are complete scum on the field and off yet they wouldn't even get a 10th of the abuse Ashton receives. If you want to give some proper reasons for disliking someone so intently i am all ears. Happy Googling.

I personally dislike the arrogance he displays on the pitch, combined with the goading of opposition players (I've seen the lad play in Thomond on three occasions, he's always at it). I wasn't a fan of him dragging Tuilagi into touch by the hair either.

To be fair, you're clearly a big Sarries fan. You could have a pop at a Munster player and I'd hop up on my high horse just as quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

I don't care if you like him or dislike him, it's a completely subjective personal thing

I personally dislike the arrogance he displays on the pitch, combined with the goading of opposition players (I've seen the lad play in Thomond on three occasions, he's always at it). I wasn't a fan of him dragging Tuilagi into touch by the hair either.

To be fair, you're clearly a big Sarries fan. You could have a pop at a Munster player and I'd hop up on my high horse just as quickly.

Level of arrogance displayed on the pitch is a bit of a meaningless statement though, hes a winger i expect arrogance! In fairness he has toned down the goading loads, i rarely if ever see him do it these days. Tuilagi incident was years ago too, you would be hard pressed to find more recent incidents.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Just saw this result!

borat-dance.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

As much as it pains me to say it, other than shouting at the kicker recently and the swan dives, Ashton is a gent. He gets way too much stick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Grimebox wrote: »
    As much as it pains me to say it, other than shouting at the kicker recently and the swan dives, Ashton is a gent. He gets way too much stick

It's never really been a complaint with much of a basis in reality. It's just people getting caught up in the drama of the sport, looking for some bad guys. It's basically like the sporting equivalent of Eastenders or Coronation Street. Some people are much easier to frame that way, for some especially if they're English. I'm sure it'll always be that way... guys like Hartley and Farrell portrayed as villians, guys like Quinlan and Clohessy portrayed as heroes. It adds to the enjoyment of the game for a lot of people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Gloucester have signed James Hook.

Means their halfbacks next season will conceivably be Laidlaw and Hook, which is fascinating to think about as they can complement each other in theory.

With him moving so close to home I wonder if that will increase his international chances. Also may put some more pressure on the WRU to come to some release agreement with PRL.

• Advertisement

Bristol-Welsh on now. Big mountain for Bristol but they come in as 11 point favourites, need a 20 point win.

They go for a shot at goal but Robinson misses. Fairly big match in the context of English rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Stanza2

Bristol have spent fortunes, it would not be good for them to stay in the Championship for another year. Last ever game in the memorial stadium. Big pressure on Bristol. Hope LW win !

And Welsh take a 3-0 lead. Neither side looks good at all in attack. Hard to see Bristol coming back now in the rain.

It's beyond stupid that their season finishes so late. The risk that Bristol took in mass recruitment shouldn't be a risk needed to be taken in the first place.

Looks like a try for Bristol and it was a great cross field kick from Robinson, but the finish was fantastic too.

Robinson will probably miss the conversion though.

Luke Pearce doing well in the middle of the park again.

(Was referee for Leinster v Ulster at end of the season)

8-6 at half-time, miracle needed in that weather.

Try for Bristol to start the second half! Game on!

matthew8 wrote: »
    Try for Bristol to start the second half! Game on!

Nobody was covering the binned scrum half's defensive position.

• Advertisement

How many hard shots at goal will they give Nicky Robinson before realising he's not making them?

Snow and Rope

Jaysus

Robinson off

Pearce has been consistent but he has given the defensive side absolutely nothing at the breakdown.

Nicky Robinson goes off to cheers, he can't be feeling very good right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

Bristols ball carriers are getting isolated all the time. a different ref would be calling pens for holding on more often.

• Advertisement

Shocker from the Bristol flanker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

Watching this makes me feel like I've stepped back through time.

21-36 in aggregate now. Game, set and match.

Jarvis' kicking from hand has been useless.

Try for Bristol. Game on again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement