Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clare v Antrim u21 hurling final

• 14-09-2013 5:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭

C'mon the banner! Clare playing great stuff. I'm back "home" abroad after 6 days in Clare via croker last w end and its great to be watching our boys on tg4 live international stream!
    1.14 to 0.02 as I write, think this one is in the bag. Hopefully none of our seniors get injured now as Antrim are going in awful hard.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

There is also a match thread in the GAA forum for anyone who is interested.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056946401&page=29

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

Well so much for that. Half time they shut down the stream, grand says I time to fire the dinner on. Well the stream never came back up! Damn you tg4 teasing me with 31 minutes of hurling. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Auldloon wrote: »
    Well so much for that. Half time they shut down the stream, grand says I time to fire the dinner on. Well the stream never came back up! Damn you tg4 teasing me with 31 minutes of hurling. :(

'Twas enough ...... the rest wasn't worth watching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Auldloon wrote: »
    You should check out Aertv.ie, I find it more reliable than the RTE website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

MrsD007 wrote: »
    You should check out Aertv.ie, I find it more reliable than the RTE website.
    Ya I tried there after tv4 stream died but it wouldn't work through there either. Delighted anyway another title for the banner :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Great day below. First half was mighty. Nephew who lives in Laois was delighted to get autographs after.

11,154 attendance- I reckon more- maybe they didn't count the u16s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

Great day below. First half was mighty. Nephew who lives in Laois was delighted to get autographs after.

11,154 attendance- I reckon more- maybe they didn't count the u16s

Id say there was nearly a child for every adult there. There was some traffic jam from Nenagh all the way to Thurles, thought id never get there!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I was talking to a "steward", they were expecting 4000 at the game, under 16s weren't included in that number. When I arrived they only had a couple of stiles open and only had 1 stand open.

IMVHO it was a complete and utter disgrace the staging of the event yesterday, I travelled from Ennis to Thurles and back without seeing a single representative of the Guards, there was zero traffic management and if you didn't know your way around Thurles you were in trouble. I would have much preferred to have travelled to Clones to play the match that to put up with the disregard that the second most prestigious All Ireland was treated with yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Exactly that Clareman. I said the same to myself. not one guard anywhere.

My wife only finished work at 2 so we were on the road at 2:20- arrived just as the anthem was playing.

Long lines of traffic- It was two tractors that delayed us. Not pulling in or anything.
    With a limited road like that, the guards should have been ensuring it was clear enough,

As with last time, had to park beside the stadium to reduce walking for my father. - plenty of stewards taking in money at the start- not one to let cars out on the road.

My 10yo nephew came from laois, got jersey and sliotar signed so was pure delighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 347 ✭✭haybob

As a regular to Thurles this year I found no bother getting in or out, quicker for me that the Munster u21 final and All Ireland quarter finals BUT they needed to open the old stand from the get go rather than having people crossing behind either goal which was crazy

This is not the first time they have been caught out this year ask the Limerick and Waterford minors, no enough stewards, not enough turnstiles open, not enough match programmes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭finbarrk

The only road that had traffic problems was the Nenagh - Thurles road. The other routes were ok seemingly. More people are using the Nenagh route nowadays to Thurles because of the motorway.

Advertisement