Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contract Work

Options
  • 14-09-2013 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there,

I have been hired for two weeks of work and I have to invoice the company to get payment. The company in question have won particular projects and they hire people to work on these projects as the need arises.

I have no idea how to invoice as this is my first paid gig in the profession.

Could anyone help ? Is there a template I could follow ?

Should I invoice for the hours I have worked minus my breaks.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

There are tons of templates available online, and I think MS Word has some too. If you're going to be doing a bit more of this, then you could set yourself up on waveapps.com - a free accounting service for small operations. It's very good - they do invoices, receipts, expenses and all that. It's dead easy to set up.
    Should I invoice for the hours I have worked minus my breaks.

If you've agreed an hourly rate, then yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thanks a million !!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

No bothers - the Entrepreneurial & Business Management forum is great for these types of questions, but as you can't post anonymously there, I will keep the thread here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

OP the other side of this is that possibly you are now self-employed and have to fill out loads of tax forms etc -> www.ros.ie

There is a threshold for this, I think you can earn e1500 before you have to register.

Advertisement