Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can you buy?

Options
  • 14-09-2013 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

Does anyone know where you can buy red currant jelly or cumberland sauce in Cork?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Tesco or dunnes both stock red currant jelly.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Moved from Food & Drink

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

M&S sell Cumberland sauce in DOuglas.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Sure you can get them in most shops ne

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Lambofdave

Milly33 wrote: »
    Sure you can get them in most shops ne

So Name then if its that easy? Because of the many shops i have looked in I couldnt get it.

Thanks for the helpful people out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Easy there Tiger, Milly is one of the most helpful posters here. A quick Google brings this up, its available in Tesco.

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/product/search/default.aspx?notepad=cumberland%20sauce

murphym7 wrote: »
    Easy there Tiger, Milly is one of the most helpful posters here. A quick Google brings this up, its available in Tesco.

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/product/search/default.aspx?notepad=cumberland%20sauce

She didn't help me the answer was as vague as it can come bit likes a TD's

I tried you link thank you for that, but it says there was no search results

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Lambofdave wrote: »
    She didn't help me the answer was as vague as it can come bit likes a TD's

I tried you link thank you for that, but it says there was no search results

Don't know why its not working - here is a screen grab attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Ah thanks murphym7, that's a nice comment to get and sorry to hard to find. Lambofdave but I really didn't think they were that hard to find. Cumberland sauce can be got in any of the good stocked Tesco I have a pot from Douglas one, or if you want fancy stuff try the cinnamon cottage or English market if all else fails.. And shame for the td comment tut tut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

Rather than giving your thread the title "Where can you buy?", would it not make more sense to call it "Does anyone know where you can buy red currant jelly or cumberland sauce in Cork?". That would allow those of us with no interest or knowledge of the topic to ignore it.

Just saying like ....

• Advertisement

byronbay2 wrote: »
    Rather than giving your thread the title "Where can you buy?", would it not make more sense to call it "Does anyone know where you can buy red currant jelly or cumberland sauce in Cork?". That would allow those of us with no interest or knowledge of the topic to ignore it.

Just saying like ....

You could have still ignored it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Did you get the jelly yet? Milly's post was right after mine, where I said both tesco and dunnes have it. It's not exactly exotic like.

pwurple wrote: »
    Did you get the jelly yet? Milly's post was right after mine, where I said both tesco and dunnes have it. It's not exactly exotic like.

Some Tesco's have it some don't I was told in my local Tesco that if the website says Tesco have it, in Cork Mahon is the one to go to

Try certain shops and the blank faces would lead you to think you were looking for hens teeth.

When Im next in the burbs I will get it.

Thanks for the help

Advertisement