Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pisa Marathon??

Options
  • 14-09-2013 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭

December 15th - can be a quiet enough time of the year. Kinda suits me as it's 2 months after my upcoming one. Ryanair destination.......

Anyone ever do it??

Leaning Tower Jokes only accepted if you have decent info to impart as well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

I was so overwhelmed with the responses on here I went ahead and registered. 56 yoyo return flight (Thank you, Michael) and hotel also booked. Reckon I'll really enjoy the Christmas break after a December 15th marathon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

Sounds like a nice marathon to do at a good price too. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Should suit chi running , with all the ' leaning forward' and that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Oops69 wrote: »
    Should suit chi running , with all the ' leaning forward' and that!

Stop taking the pisa!:p

belcarra wrote: »
    Stop taking the pisa!:p

I thought you'd be first name on the list of Boardsie participants.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Itziger wrote: »
    I thought you'd be first name on the list of Boardsie participants.

Doing Lanzarote marathon the week before hand as part of a trip away with family. Other than that I might have actually given it consideration!

Thinking of Barcelona for March though?

belcarra wrote: »
    Doing Lanzarote marathon the week before hand as part of a trip away with family. Other than that I might have actually given it consideration!

Thinking of Barcelona for March though?

Excellent choice, Lanzarote. Not that I know one thing about the course or anything. I have no 2014 plans yet. I'll see how these Autumn races work out. If they go well, I might stick to my 'ramp it up as the year goes on' idea.

That would mean March 10K!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭plumber77

Big thumbs up for barca

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭duffyshuffle

Itziger wrote: »
    December 15th - can be a quiet enough time of the year. Kinda suits me as it's 2 months after my upcoming one. Ryanair destination.......

Anyone ever do it??

Leaning Tower Jokes only accepted if you have decent info to impart as well.

I actually entered and flew over and it was cancelled due to icy roads! Had a good time around the place though, will try dig out a nice restaurant! I had gotten sick two weeks before it so wasn't the worst thing that ever happened canceling it, but they never gave any refund !

I actually entered and flew over and it was cancelled due to icy roads! Had a good time around the place though, will try dig out a nice restaurant! I had gotten sick two weeks before it so wasn't the worst thing that ever happened canceling it, but they never gave any refund !

No refund, the bastards! I saw it was cancelled a couple of years ago alright. Any info appreciated.

• Advertisement
Advertisement