Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1000 euro seriously overdue bill

Options
  • 14-09-2013 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Hi

So my mom has a bill that is overdue for around 1000 euro the problem is that we are unemployed now (she is on ilness benefit) and we cannot pay this sum of money...at this moment, she would be paying every week 30 euro (which is not big but you know the story...) however I called to electricity and I told them and they said I have to pay 560 euro (which is nonsens especially that my claim about Jobseeker Allowance was stopped) what we can do? Household Budget Tarrif dosent suits for us (they said this in phone call) 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Igor2155 wrote: »
    Hi

So my mom has a bill that is overdue for around 1000 euro the problem is that we are unemployed now (she is on ilness benefit) and we cannot pay this sum of money...at this moment, she would be paying every week 30 euro (which is not big but you know the story...) however I called to electricity and I told them and they said I have to pay 560 euro (which is nonsens especially that my claim about Jobseeker Allowance was stopped) what we can do? Household Budget Tarrif dosent suits for us (they said this in phone call) 
    If they offer the meter, you may as well take it. Just be aware, no credit means no power. Would your mother be able to make it to the shops to get the top ups? Find out what shop sells the credit befor you agree to it. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Igor2155,

Sorry to read of your situation. When customers are not in a position to pay bills by their due date, we can set up a payment plan for them, or if they are eligible, install a PAYG meter. Certain criteria are required to be fulfilled before a customer can be deemed eligible for a PAYG meter (e.g. the property cannot be an apartment, the PAYG meter cannot be installed where there is a day/night meter).

If you are the named account-holder, do private message us your Electric Ireland account number and your name, address and the contact telephone number on your account.

Regards,
    Una

Advertisement