Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom customer service/sales/speed issues

Options
  • 14-09-2013 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Hi guys

We signed up with Eircom about a month ago after being with Digiweb previously. When we signed up it was after numerous calls from your annoying sales reps to get us to bring our service back to Eircom. We were promised 6 months on a half price tariff and then 6 months back at full price with a maximum speed of 3mb. We clarified that we were currently getting 1-1.5 mb with Digiweb and were promised we'd still obtain the speeds and that they would also increase. 

Out comes our first bill after about 10 days with your company for €35 (we called about this, were told it's just the standing charges for the first month - fine). 2.5 weeks later we get another bill in the door for €80. My mam called up and spoke with a customer care rep who lied and fobbed her off by saying it's just "additional" sign up charges. Little did he realise that I also work in a similar area and realised he didn't have a clue what he was talking about. The real issue was your sales rep never actually signed us up on a discounted tariff - another lie on his behalf. After 2 phone calls I eventually got this issue sorted.

Now on to the main issue, the speed. The speed is absolutely dreadful. As above, we were promised the exact speeds we had previously, if not higher. This was another lie to try and coax us into joining your company. The maximum speed I've ever gotten with you is 0.25mb, whereas it's normally stuck on approximately 0.05 mb, if it can even connect at all that is. When we called about this we were informed "there's nothing we can do - check when eFibre is coming to your area". Another great instance of excellent customer care.

If I don't get this issue resolved I will be bringing the case further by requesting a copy of the initial sales sign up call, and the three other dealings with customer care which I'm entitled to under the freedom of information act. I will also be bringing forward the case of misinformation on the initial sign up which breaches the contract we signed into - and also the fact that you guys broke data protection on this account. I and my brother both called up when my mother is the only named contact on the account. All we had to give was the account number and the agents spoke directly to us. As you can see I clearly have enough in this case to either break our contract or to bring the case much further - now the question is what are you going to do to try and resolve this or what am I going to do to take this further. If you need the account information to take a look at the previous logs on the account, feel free to ask.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi guys

We signed up with Eircom about a month ago after being with Digiweb previously. When we signed up it was after numerous calls from your annoying sales reps to get us to bring our service back to Eircom. We were promised 6 months on a half price tariff and then 6 months back at full price with a maximum speed of 3mb. We clarified that we were currently getting 1-1.5 mb with Digiweb and were promised we'd still obtain the speeds and that they would also increase. 

Out comes our first bill after about 10 days with your company for €35 (we called about this, were told it's just the standing charges for the first month - fine). 2.5 weeks later we get another bill in the door for €80. My mam called up and spoke with a customer care rep who lied and fobbed her off by saying it's just "additional" sign up charges. Little did he realise that I also work in a similar area and realised he didn't have a clue what he was talking about. The real issue was your sales rep never actually signed us up on a discounted tariff - another lie on his behalf. After 2 phone calls I eventually got this issue sorted.

Now on to the main issue, the speed. The speed is absolutely dreadful. As above, we were promised the exact speeds we had previously, if not higher. This was another lie to try and coax us into joining your company. The maximum speed I've ever gotten with you is 0.25mb, whereas it's normally stuck on approximately 0.05 mb, if it can even connect at all that is. When we called about this we were informed "there's nothing we can do - check when eFibre is coming to your area". Another great instance of excellent customer care.

If I don't get this issue resolved I will be bringing the case further by requesting a copy of the initial sales sign up call, and the three other dealings with customer care which I'm entitled to under the freedom of information act. I will also be bringing forward the case of misinformation on the initial sign up which breaches the contract we signed into - and also the fact that you guys broke data protection on this account. I and my brother both called up when my mother is the only named contact on the account. All we had to give was the account number and the agents spoke directly to us. As you can see I clearly have enough in this case to either break our contract or to bring the case much further - now the question is what are you going to do to try and resolve this or what am I going to do to take this further. If you need the account information to take a look at the previous logs on the account, feel free to ask.
    Hi HelpImAlive

I'll certainly do my best to help with your speed issue. Please PM me your account details and I'll get back to you with more information and hopefully a resolution.

Thanks

Al

Hi guys

Hi HelpImAlive

I'll certainly do my best to help with your speed issue. Please PM me your account details and I'll get back to you with more information and hopefully a resolution.

Thanks

Al

Hi HelpImAlive

I've looked into your speed issue and I can see that you are using a third party modem.

I've noticed interference on your end (issues with your internal connection) but this interference may be caused by the modem you are using which is not an eircom modem.

Can you confirm if you have an eircom modem to hand?

Also can you run a speed test to establish what speed you’re running at and then plug the modem directly to your socket (eliminating any phone connection) and run the same test.

If the speed improves whilst the modem is plugged directly to the socket then that shows the issues are a result of the current set up you have and not the modem.

To ensure an accurate set up and eradicate the phone connection interfering please try this link for further advice on connecting your equipment to accordingly to eliminate interference: http://bit.ly/PIBDSK

I don’t know for sure if the issue is created by the modem, your connection or even possible faulty splitter/filters but there is definitely interference which is caused by one of these possible issues.

Please get back to me on your findings about the above.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭HelpImAlive

We actually put our own modem in which sped up the internet connection by a small amount. The modem we were sent by Eircom was dreadful, whereas now with our previous one from Digiweb we're getting a somewhat reasonable speed. Also let it be noted if we are over charged again on our next bill, there will be war from our side.
    Hi guys

Hi HelpImAlive

Thanks

Al

Hi HelpImAlive

I've looked into your speed issue and I can see that you are using a third party modem.

I've noticed interference on your end (issues with your internal connection) but this interference may be caused by the modem you are using which is not an eircom modem.

Also can you run a speed test to establish what speed you’re running at and then plug the modem directly to your socket (eliminating any phone connection) and run the same test.

If the speed improves whilst the modem is plugged directly to the socket then that shows the issues are a result of the current set up you have and not the modem.

To ensure an accurate set up and eradicate the phone connection interfering please try this link for further advice on connecting your equipment to accordingly to eliminate interference: http://bit.ly/PIBDSK

I don’t know for sure if the issue is created by the modem, your connection or even possible faulty splitter/filters but there is definitely interference which is caused by one of these possible issues.

Thanks

Alcx

We actually put our own modem in which sped up the internet connection by a small amount. The modem we were sent by Eircom was dreadful, whereas now with our previous one from Digiweb we're getting a somewhat reasonable speed. Also let it be noted if we are over charged again on our next bill, there will be war from our side.
    Hi guys

Hi HelpImAlive

Thanks

Al

Hi HelpImAlive

Thanks

Alcx

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi HelpImAlive

I was stating that I can see a third party modem and the core message I was trying to convey is that it's your internal setup creating the issues you are experiencing.

I've advised you on my findings and informed you of the interference and how to resolve this interference. I can still see the interference and I've explained this is created by your internal connection.

It's your choice whether you wish to follow the advice I have provided in resolving this issue.

I'm unable to contribute more to this issue. If you require any further technical support please contact eircoms technical support department on 1890260260.

Al[/font]

Advertisement