Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Gameplay Discussion ***POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

Some radio stations are only available in certain areas, just like in real life. I've not had unlock over time tbh

Brilliant!I haven't even got stuck into the missions mode yet.I also love the yellow and blue colour scheme on the taxi cabs!I want to go to one of the country towns can i put a marker down on the map to set the GPS to direct me there?

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

• Registered Users Posts: 21,675 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

The map is absolutely huge.

Not a big fan of the Trevor missions I have to say, way too much straight out shooting. The heist with the others was class though.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

Exploring Sandy Shores and beyond in a Dune Buggy, just mental madness fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

How do I do franklins special driving ability? The writing on my tv is way too small. you would think 28 inch widescreen would be enough. Then went for a game of tennis and couldn'tread the instructions so said ill go back tomorrow....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Also how do I turn up the tv when watching in my house? Cant read that either....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

falan wrote: »
    How do I do franklins special driving ability? The writing on my tv is way too small. you would think 28 inch widescreen would be enough. Then went for a game of tennis and couldn'tread the instructions so said ill go back tomorrow....

Push left and right stick together

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Special abilities are triggered by pressing in the two analogue sticks (L3 + R3).

• Registered Users Posts: 29,827 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just had an epic moment with a random event. 2 guys robbing a store needed a get away driver so I helped out. Listening to the 2 boys bickering, I recognised one of their voices telling of the good old days in LC. It was f*cking
    Packie
    ! After the job, I can now use him in my crew, just class!

Played tennis which is surprisingly good but a bit long. Tried to rob a money truck but gave up very quickly and got swarmed by cops. Didn't even realise I was in Grove Steet till I reached the cul-de-sac. No time to reminisce tho as 4 cop cars on me but then all the homies pulled up in low riders to have a shootout.

Rockstar have really outdone themselves, this game is just something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Flight controls are both interesting and frustrating...

Helicopters are like jelly for me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,256 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I spotted a little blue thing on the map out in the country so I investigated. Two young drunk people needed a lift to their motel so I accepted the 'mission'. They are currently having sex in the back of the car while I drive them :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Oat23 wrote: »
    I spotted a little blue thing on the map out in the country so I investigated. Two young drunk people needed a lift to their motel so I accepted the 'mission'. They are currently having sex in the back of the car while I drive them :pac:

I drove them to the cult haha

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

has anyone heard the cult leader with the Irish accent talking to Lazlow on the talk radio station yet? keep a listen out for it. Just did the 2nd mission with Trevor, have easy plane access now yay, it's much, much easier to fly with him.

How are people finding the multiple character thing? if you're playing as one longer than the other you're not missing out on story missions are you? I left Michael down at the pier and did a Franklin mission and when I went back to Michael he was in a different outfit sitting in a parked car somewhere else. I do like that you can replay missions though, can see myself doing the heists multiple times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Michael's special ability came in really handy during a random encounter when
    some woman begging me for help lured me to the back of a house where I was greeted by 3 gun wielding thugs trying to rob me, I turned on the special ability, pistol whipped the one closest to me and the other two got shot in their faces, not a scratch on me! I casually picked up their money and sauntered off like a boss. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Had a nice random encounter there where
    a guys wallet got stolen. Mowed down the would be thief (along with several innocent pedistrians) and recovered a cool 5gs.
    Very small but I love the life like world.

Also helped some mook
    when a load of pipes fell around his truck and he was going to burn to death. He gave me no reward.
    So i shot him the back of his bald head the ungrateful prick.

Only random encounter spoilers there, no story line ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭RoryMac

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Just had an epic moment with a random event. 2 guys robbing a store needed a get away driver so I helped out. Listening to the 2 boys bickering, I recognised one of their voices telling of the good old days in LC. It was f*cking
    Packie
    ! After the job, I can now use him in my crew, just class!

Same thing happened to me!

How do you add him to your crew? I checked the contacts on my phone but he's not listed :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

What I'm impressed about here is how much like Los Angeles this city is. Every bit as close to the real thing as Liberty City is to New York. I went past a cantina last night that is a cantina I've eaten at in real life. Santa Monica is Venucci Beach. I can just walk down there in the game going "I've walked down here", "I've seen that" "I've crossed this". It's epic.

If I can find the diner from Happy Days then that's it, I'm never playing video games again because it's downhill from there.

What films have people noticed be referenced? Obviously there's the Naked Gun 2 1/2 picture that someone posted a few pages back. The early mission where Michael
    pulls down the house on stilts
    is right out of Lethal Weapon 2. There's got to be loads of others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Picked up my copy yesterday morning and FINALLY got home, installed.

Played it for 4 hours last night - I was so used to the quality of graphics in the trailers i was a bit taken back when the game started...seemed jaggedy, but got over that pretty quick. really enjoying it....map is massive, I went for a drive around the coast road...need to explore everything inland. Went up to Vinewood sign and climbed up to the top and looked out - amazing

Some points
    1. I like the car driving, I liked the driving in IV also though
    2. I'm mad on the handling of the motorbikes...feels strange
    3. How do I get a parachute so I can go base jumping?
    4. I'm really liking the police's cone of vision...more realistic. You can actually hide out of sight now and they won't magically find you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

For base jumping, get the cable car, when you arrive at the top there's a chute at the railing

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

The graphics are jaggy at times in the city, lots or straight lines on buildings and the like, but once you get out into Blaine county it looks amazing, I was racing around as Trevor on a quad bike last night and the framerate was was higher than what it was in the city, and it still looks great

• Advertisement

I wanna play this today. Right now.

Stupid work.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Got a small glitch I think yesterday. Was happily pottering about on my quad bike when I hit a small rock. The bike fell on its side and insta killed me. Bit ****ty.

Got a small glitch I think yesterday. Was happily pottering about on my quad bike when I hit a small rock. The bike fell on its side and insta killed me. Bit ****ty.

That might not be a glitch. Those quads kill a lot of people each year by falling on their sides and crushing them.

Or it might be a glitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

I had one too..I was Michael, came home and there was his wife standing on the kitchen counter and the daughter standing on the couch...I though it was going to be "theres a mouse in the mouse" but no....they just stood there with no movement

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Licencetokill

I spent 58 euro on this crap, what was I thinking the graphics are crap, the driving is clunky, the shooting is unrealistic and the map is awful. the character switching is slow and the missions are the same old dirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I spent 58 euro on this crap, what was I thinking the graphics are crap, the driving is clunky, the shooting is unrealistic and the map is awful. the character switching is slow and the missions are the same old dirt.

why hello, vocal minority, so good of you to join us.

why hello, vocal minority, so good of you to join us.
    sorry but it really is bad I waited for this game since I was in 5th year and I have had nothing but disappointment.

sorry but it really is bad I waited for this game since I was in 5th year and I have had nothing but disappointment.

Why have you spent so long waiting for a Grant Theft Auto game when you clearly don't like Grand Theft Auto games?

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Why have you spent so long waiting for a Grant Theft Auto game when you clearly don't like Grand Theft Auto games?
    I loved vice city like most people did then due to not having money it took me a long time to get the new one of the time which was gta 4, now I finally have a job and I bought gta 5 and I wish I hadn't.

• Advertisement

I loved vice city like most people did then due to not having money it took me a long time to get the new one of the time which was gta 4, now I finally have a job and I bought gta 5 and I wish I hadn't.

But Vice City had crap graphics (relative to non-sandbox games), the driving was clunky, the shooting was unrealistic and the map was tiny and awful. The missions were all the same, as they have been in every GTA game ever made.

These are pretty much all hallmarks of the series, although V is a clear step-up in all regards.

Advertisement