Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Gameplay Discussion ***POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I loved vice city like most people did then due to not having money it took me a long time to get the new one of the time which was gta 4, now I finally have a job and I bought gta 5 and I wish I hadn't.

I'll buy it off you for €35!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

I loved vice city like most people did then due to not having money it took me a long time to get the new one of the time which was gta 4, now I finally have a job and I bought gta 5 and I wish I hadn't.

I suggest you sell it - you'll get a decent amount back if you do it right away

I don't agree with you on anything, with the exception possibly of the driving. It is different to IV, I think vehicles handled more realisitcally in IV, more arcady in V - having said that - I'll learn to love it

Everything else is absolutely fantastic.

Also, if the last game you played was VC, how can you say the graphics are crap? It is a marked improvement on what you were last used to surely no?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,828 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

RoryMac wrote: »
    Same thing happened to me!

How do you add him to your crew? I checked the contacts on my phone but he's not listed :confused:

You get to choose him for your crew when you are doing a big heist in story mission. Just used him myself, was class!

Absolutely loving this. I was Vinewood and had to get down to the docs, other side of the city. In GTA IV, I would have just got a cab because it would have been a boring chore to get there. In this, even in a regular car, it was just a great laugh driving around the map and time flies.

Franklin dating a stripper at the moment, getting some dirty picture messages :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,924 ✭✭✭✭listermint

sorry but it really is bad I waited for this game since I was in 5th year and I have had nothing but disappointment.

But you said you only just got your XBox in previous posts and

'are not much of a gamer'

hmmmm All your posts seem to contradict themselves. Based on that you shall be ignored. Deservedly!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Loving it so far. Driving is good. I haven't found an old American muscle car yet though ( my favourite) love drifting around the place, harder to do in this game.

I don't like the bikes though, I loved the bikes in SA, not so much in IV and they've gotten worse now :(

Other than those couple of things it is perfect, great characters, good story, awesome graphics, FUN missions.

It's a good thing I have a wife that understands :D

• Advertisement

I think the bikes are excellent in this, bombing down a busy street zipping in and out of traffic is class.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Beefy78 wrote: »
    But Vice City had crap graphics (relative to non-sandbox games), the driving was clunky, the shooting was unrealistic and the map was tiny and awful. The missions were all the same, as they have been in every GTA game ever made.

These are pretty much all hallmarks of the series, although V is a clear step-up in all regards.

Ah here! Vice city is a stone cold classic. I'll not have a bad word said about it :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Anyone else finding the directional arrows in the races a bit misleading?
    I'm having to rely on the HUD a lot and end up smashing into something more often than not :mad:

For the aiming, anyone know what Traditional GTA is?

assisted aiming, traditional GTA and free aim

I prefer free aim but it's hard in this. I'm using traditional but sometimes it seems to lock on and sometimes it doesn't. Think I will try free aim again and try get used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Did one of the triathlons last night. Was saving my energy for the final push, next thing there's the finish line round the corner and i came third! :mad: very short race (unlike SA)...hopefully the second triathlon is longer and more strenuous!! Love the fact you lose health as well if you push yourself too far! Amazing game so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭fuzz69er

This game is going to consume my free time for the foreseeable. Spent 4 hours at it last night and basically accomplished nothing. Did 2 story missions and 2 side missions and the rest was spent dicking around, taking in the views and driving about.

Everything about it is immense and the map is fecking huge.

Can't wait for the multiplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Licencetokill

listermint wrote: »
    But you said you only just got your XBox in previous posts and

'are not much of a gamer'

hmmmm All your posts seem to contradict themselves. Based on that you shall be ignored. Deservedly!
    yes I did just recently get an xbox I had vice city on ps2 though and no I am not much of a gamer, and due to this deplorable piece of crap I wont bother buying another console or game ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Licencetokill

I'll buy it off you for €35!
    if ya like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

the character switching is slow

It's faster than the character switching in all the other GTA games........

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I love this game. After planning my first heist I played some tennis against my wife and crushed her 6-2. Then I went to a police station to see if I could steal a police car, a huge gun fight between gangsters and police happened, snuck away with an abandoned car :D In GTA IV there were way too may police, you couldn't get into a street fight without a cop/police car chasing you up the street

Disappointed you could do nothing with the car though, maybe I need to do more missions.

Haven't even begun going out in the countryside or the sea, I'm a bit addicted to the story.

Is it possible for the characters to run into each other btw? I remember switching from Michael to Franklin and they were only a few blocks away!

IvySlayer wrote: »
    In GTA IV there were way too may police, you couldn't get into a street fight without a cop/police car chasing you up the street

Disappointed you could do nothing with the car though, maybe I need to do more missions.

Yeah, a bumped into another guys car, he pulled me out and a street fight ensued. Stomped his ass but the best thing, no wanted stars. Just a good ol fashioned street fight and drove away.

There is Los Santos Customs (Spray Can icon) and you and customise your car. paint job, rims, alloys, spoilers, etc.

Just pulled off my first heist, think I will treat myself to some new wheels for that car website!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Yeah it is possible to bump into another character, someone mentioned it on reddit.

Just realised I found grove Street by accident as well. Jumped a wall while being pursued and when I went around the front of the house I was in the Grove. Made the big mistake of trying to jack a car and the locals reacted by sprinting over and shooting me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Beefy78 wrote: »
    What films have people noticed be referenced? Obviously there's the Naked Gun 2 1/2 picture that someone posted a few pages back. The early mission where Michael
    pulls down the house on stilts
    is right out of Lethal Weapon 2. There's got to be loads of others.
    The 3rd heist is from the start of
    Heat,
    When chasing laslow your driving a big rig and jump off the bridge
    which reminded me of Terminator 2

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Took a truck down to the river/sewer thing in the city and was going full tilt, smacked a homeless person's tent and it was like I ran into a wall. Tents are indestructible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

it's been worth the money for the radio stations alone, flying lotus being my fav so far

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

so they had a piece on LMFM radio in the north east about the game..my mother who has no idea about games just called me to say that the game was shocking and disgusting.
    i should have said i cant talk now im killing a prostitute after ****ing her.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,889 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

I recommend going down Mt.Chiliad on a mountainbike, great fun weaving around rocks and trees, smacked into a deer on my way down at one stage:pac:

There was a beat of a hoo-haa on Beat FM this morning apparently with parents complaining about the game.

It's fairly simple, if you don't want your kid to play it don't buy it for them. Most retailers have gotten extremely vigilant and won't sell to kids they believe aren't old enough, asking for ID etc. If kids are playing this game then it's the parents fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I spent 58 euro on this crap, what was I thinking the graphics are crap, the driving is clunky, the shooting is unrealistic and the map is awful. the character switching is slow and the missions are the same old dirt.

The character switching takes all of about 10-15 seconds, if even that, that's not slow.

And the missions are not the same old dirt, there's really good variety in them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I found a farm in the countryside and started chasing a cow around. The farmer didn't like that so he chased me down the road in his car and shot me. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

So this mornings antics have included mt chilliad for the first time. Planning my first heist... Taking my dog for a walk around the neighborhood.... All epic fun :-) this game has it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Just got the street suspension installed in Franklins car, definitely makes the driving feel more like GTA IV.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

DarkJager wrote: »
    Just got the street suspension installed in Franklins car, definitely makes the driving feel more like GTA IV.

Serious? Damn it..5 hours left to work until I try this.:mad:

Stole a Mustang looking car last night and it felt more like the general handling from IV. Braking and damage is still brutal though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I'm away and brought my ps3 with me (wife is very understanding) but fecking bravia won't pick up the ps3,

Luckily I'm home tomorrow - feel like I'm missing something

Advertisement