Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Gameplay Discussion ***POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭0llieJonCon

Was it always circle to reload? I thought it used to be square. I know jump was square aswell but I thought reload was aim + square to reload. Either that or I got too used to COD. :o

Was using a sniper on a water tower for a mission. Popping a few guys off, go to reload, and instead I jump off the tower. Happened a couple of times, haha :pac:

Not a complaint though at all. Just have to get used to it. Absolutely loving the game! :D

F*ck you COD!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Mate of mine claims to have completed story mode already :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Is it possible for the characters to run into each other btw? I remember switching from Michael to Franklin and they were only a few blocks away!

Yeah I was driving around south los santos as Michael, seen Franklin and ran him over for the craic and drove on. Next thing I know he texted me and said I'd be paying the hospital bill!

This game is just epic, I've played about 5 hours and only done a handful of missions. After the mission where you go cycling with Jimmy I spent ages after just messing around the water. Stole the lifeguards quad and drove the length of the beach through all the sunbathers, which of course led to a big police chase.

Then another time with Franklin I decided it would be a good idea to get the Jerry can and trail a line of petrol through the door of the strip club. Suddenly 3 or 4 bouncers start shooting at me, I was just expecting a fight! I was low on health so ran to the road and they chased me, then a car at full speed flips me up into the air, and the bouncers fire away like it was a clay pigeon shoot! I was dead long before I hit the ground!

And I haven't even left Los Santos yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I was playing as Michael and then the storyline switched to Franklin. I haven't been able to get back to Michael since. Is that normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭fuzz69er

Dord wrote: »
    I was playing as Michael and then the storyline switched to Franklin. I haven't been able to get back to Michael since. Is that normal?

happened to me close to the start - think it forces you when you need to advance the story line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Dord wrote: »

Same happens when you get Trevor, you have to do a few missions wih him first before the switching opens up again

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Mate of mine claims to have completed story mode already :eek:

Not impossible. I've about 40 missions done out of 69 and I'm taking my time.

Anyone find the chopper flying a pain? I find it nearly impossible to fly in a straight line, am doing the flight school now

krudler wrote: »
    Anyone find the chopper flying a pain? I find it nearly impossible to fly in a straight line, am doing the flight school now

Got a gold on all of the plane flying tests in flight school, but had to settle for silver on all the helicopter and parachuting tests. Didn't think the helicopter flying was too bad until I did flight school, what a b*tch it is to get gold!

Got a gold on all of the plane flying tests in flight school, but had to settle for silver on all the helicopter and parachuting tests. Didn't think the helicopter flying was too bad until I did flight school, what a b*tch it is to get gold!

yeah like if you push the nose too far down then hit R2 to raise the chopper back you need perfect timing to hit the markers, it's a pain am struggling to even hit bronze tbh

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    yeah like if you push the nose too far down then hit R2 to raise the chopper back you need perfect timing to hit the markers, it's a pain am struggling to even hit bronze tbh

I'm hoping the strategy guide I got off amazon has some tips that will help me get gold when it arrives. Probably not, but oh well :pac:.

I was lucky with some silvers, especially the 2nd parachuting one
    where you have to land on the back of the moving truck, I actually smashed into the side of the front part of the truck where the driver is, and fell off the side the truck. For some reason, I achieved a silver! haha

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Not impossible. I've about 40 missions done out of 69 and I'm taking my time.

Feck.. I don't want to finish it for at least a few weeks! I know there's loads more to do aside from the story, but I always tend to lose interest a little once I've completed the main story.

Feck.. I don't want to finish it for at least a few weeks! I know there's loads more to do aside from the story, but I always tend to lose interest a little once I've completed the main story.

I'll try and stretch it out by doing a couple of side missions in between every story one. Like you I find interest wanes after the big finale.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,828 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

A question for those who finished the 1st Heist
    (Jewelry Store)

I cheaped out on the

tech guy (that annoying fella from life invader) and didn't get enough
    time to get all the money.

The vehicle guy says he studied the route and thats why he picked dirt bikes
    for the tunnels. Anyone know what vehicle you get if you pick the cheaper
    vehicle guy?

Mc Love wrote: »
    I'm away and brought my ps3 with me (wife is very understanding) but fecking bravia won't pick up the ps3,

Luckily I'm home tomorrow - feel like I'm missing something

I find it quite funny that 2 Sony products can't communicate :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭LifeSaabItch

Anyone else getting Error 80010514 when trying to launch the game?

Fatty 80GB PS3. :(

sheehy83 wrote: »
    A question for those who finished the 1st Heist
    (Jewelry Store)

I cheaped out on the

tech guy (that annoying fella from life invader) and didn't get enough
    time to get all the money.

The vehicle guy says he studied the route and thats why he picked dirt bikes
    for the tunnels. Anyone know what vehicle you get if you pick the cheaper
    vehicle guy?

I cheaped out on all of it. The reason I did that was because I think the game said that the crew members will gain more experience, therefore getting better at future heists, but will still only ask for the same % cut.
    The transport guy got like race bikes, best on roads, but apparently **** in the pipes with the dirt, I didn't find it too bad, but Franklin commented on it on the way, complaining about the bike, and then we had to stop halfway because the transport guy didn't know where he was going and had to have a think about it, then he just took a guess and it must've been the right way coz we joined up with the truck, although we did have cops on our tail when we got out of the pipe. But then it switched to Michael in the truck and I just rammed all the squad cars off the road and then the bikes got loaded up into the back.

Don't know how different that is to yours but thought I'd be detailed just in case

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Anyone else getting Error 80010514 when trying to launch the game?

Fatty 80GB PS3. :(

That's a blu-ray drive error I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

What am I even doing reading this? I've been home an hour and that's an hour I could've spent playing :pac:

*Mr.Prodston rushes off to create his own epic moments*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

I cheaped out on all of it. The reason I did that was because I think the game said that the crew members will gain more experience, therefore getting better at future heists, but will still only ask for the same % cut.
    The transport guy got like race bikes, best on roads, but apparently **** in the pipes with the dirt, I didn't find it too bad, but Franklin commented on it on the way, complaining about the bike, and then we had to stop halfway because the transport guy didn't know where he was going and had to have a think about it, then he just took a guess and it must've been the right way coz we joined up with the truck, although we did have cops on our tail when we got out of the pipe. But then it switched to Michael in the truck and I just rammed all the squad cars off the road and then the bikes got loaded up into the back.

Don't know how different that is to yours but thought I'd be detailed just in case
    One of my guys hit the division in the tunnel where it splits in two. Lost a third of the loot :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭LifeSaabItch

That's a blu-ray drive error I think.

Just put in GTA IV Episodes and loaded straight away after failing to load V about 25 times?

Was playing V fine earlier

Thanks man!

For mine,
    we had dirt bikes and obviously worked well in the tunnels but cops on us when
    we got out of the pipe as well and ended the same way as you said. I watched vid
    where the most expensive tech was used and they got all the money with time to
    spare, my tech didn't even know how much time we had let until the last 10
    seconds. Anyway, I really didn't expect to come out with that much money. I
    thought most of the game would be paying back that mexican drug lord.

1st thing I'm gonna do when I load it back up is buy a brand new banshee and customise the balls out of it and save it in the Vinewood Garage.

One of my guys hit the division in the tunnel where it splits in two. Lost a third of the loot :(

Shyte! thats it, I'm going with the most expensive crew mates in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

One of mine got shot before tunnel a and franklin picked the bag up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

A wonderful game.

I've played around 8 hours and I haven't left Los Santos yet! The map is huge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

So I eventually robbed the 747 from the airport after multiple tries of kamikazie cops blowing themselves up under the plane, got it up in the air and the helicopter starts ramming the plane as I am taking off.

The engine stalls as I am trying to get away (or the heli broke the plane), crashed into the ocean.

Swimming back to the shore, I see a shark. I had my knife out so I braved the shark, dipped down under the water to face death in its own backyard, swinging my knife at the sharks arse. I had accepted death and Trevor is not one to go out without a fight and I wanted the curb stomp the shark.

Another shark is watching and swoops in and clutches me. Frightened the life out of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

I also met my buddy Packie. I hope there is more little things like that in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Macers

Can't find one online but has anyone got a list of the businesses for sale and their income?

Sorry, that actually happened to me aswell!

• Advertisement

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Thanks man!

For mine,
    we had dirt bikes and obviously worked well in the tunnels but cops on us when
    we got out of the pipe as well and ended the same way as you said. I watched vid
    where the most expensive tech was used and they got all the money with time to
    spare, my tech didn't even know how much time we had let until the last 10
    seconds. Anyway, I really didn't expect to come out with that much money. I
    thought most of the game would be paying back that mexican drug lord.

1st thing I'm gonna do when I load it back up is buy a brand new banshee and customise the balls out of it and save it in the Vinewood Garage.

I actually did the exact same thing last night, except I stole the Banshee :pac:. Didn't have enough for the new transmission I wanted tho so left it in the garage for the time being. I definitely have enough now so I'll have to finish it off when I get home from work :D

Advertisement