Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Gameplay Discussion ***POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I just robbed a liqour store as Michael, wealing an open shirt and shorts,the cops arrived in no time and I had an instant 2 star level, so I nicked a car and sped off to the sounds of Rhythm Of The Night, ah this midlife crisis is great :pac:

I love the random stuff and sounds you hear, I was ringing a cab standing in the middle of the street and some guy in a car shouted "boy git yo ass out the middle o' the damn road!" .

Did anyone catch the reference to the other games at the beginning with Lamar and Franklin when they were talking about Simeon, when Lamar says he'll be good to work for until he double crosses them "you know you do a few jobs for this person, then they double cross you and you go off and do jobs for someone else, isn't that how it usually goes?" at least R* are self aware :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Does anyone know if you can restart a mission you've done a while back to try and get gold or does it actually restart you back to that moment in the game.

Be a good challenge to try get gold on all missions.

haha just jumped to Trevor and he was wearing a guitar off a guy busking for not playing the song he requested :D

Finical wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can restart a mission you've done a while back to try and get gold or does it actually restart you back to that moment in the game.

Be a good challenge to try get gold on all missions.

It creates a backup point so you just start the mission you want to replay then it jumps back to wherever you were in the main story, did it earlier when I missed a cutscene.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

An easy way to get money is when doing the assassinations, buy a load of the stock of the company of the person you a going to kill, the stock price will rise after their death and sell the stock to to get the profit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

Are the red and blue dots on my screen random jobs that are available?btw Do i hold the down direction button on the d pad to to bring up the character selection screen?I haven't even started the missions yet im still driving my taxi here there and everywhere.:pac:

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

ok I am shooting aliens now! wtf

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

What's the story with flight school? Got all gold medals in all but the helicopter levels (I got silver in those) yet I still can't go onto the runway without getting 3 star wanted level?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

py2006 wrote: »
    ok I am shooting aliens now! wtf

That's a mental bit :D

Anyone else been drunk driving, hilarious!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

GTA V made $800 million in its first 24 hours on sale!

http://m.ie.ign.com/articles/2013/09/18/gta-5-makes-800-million-in-one-day
    Take-Two has announced that Grand Theft Auto V generated approximately $800 million in sales worldwide during its first 24 hours on sale. According to Take-Two, this marks “the highest first day retail sales of any title in the history of the company and the Grand Theft Auto series.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

did everyone get the free machine gun at the gun store,only for my brother i wouldnt have known about it.

Al_Coholic wrote: »
    did everyone get the free machine gun at the gun store,only for my brother i wouldnt have known about it.

The Assault SMG? Only found it myself after 12 hours play.

Found 2 people in a random encounter early who asked me to bring them to a motel and proceeded to have sex in the back of the car while I was driving. Dropped them off to the cult in the mountains :D

DarkJager wrote: »
    GTA V made $800 million in its first 24 hours on sale!

http://m.ie.ign.com/articles/2013/09/18/gta-5-makes-800-million-in-one-day

Billion quid by the end of the week, I said it :D

DarkJager wrote: »
    The Assault SMG? Only found it myself after 12 hours play.

Found 2 people in a random encounter early who asked me to bring them to a motel and proceeded to have sex in the back of the car while I was driving. Dropped them off to the cult in the mountains :D

yep thats the one..only found out 2 hours ago after playing like a chump with a pistol!...that alien bit is weird but funny

krudler wrote: »
    Billion quid by the end of the week, I said it :D

It's an amazing sales figure for one day, they were estimating a billion in sales over its lifetime!

Al_Coholic wrote: »
    yep thats the one..only found out 2 hours ago after playing like a chump with a pistol!...that alien bit is weird but funny

Don't miss the upgrades either, nothing better than blasting fools with a scoped and suppressed SMG with the LSPD tint :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Are the red and blue dots on my screen random jobs that are available?btw Do i hold the down direction button on the d pad to to bring up the character selection screen?I haven't even started the missions yet im still driving my taxi here there and everywhere.:pac:

The dots are random encounters like robberies etc, the colour coded question marks are character specific. You won't be able to select different characters until you start the missions and progress the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,828 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Lads, has anyone found this car and tell me what the name of it is in-game please?

vl7K0Qy.jpg

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Lads, has anyone found this car and tell me what the name of it is in-game please?

vl7K0Qy.jpg

Not sure of the name but I'm almost certain I've seen it on one of the online car dealerships

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Anybody installed disc 2 onto a usb?

What's stopping you giving it to a friend for him to do the same?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,828 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Sound Dark, 1st place I will check when I am back on!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Where's the cult?

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Where's the cult?

Up in the mountains north of Trevor's starting area. I don't know if you'll see the icon appear until you get a random encounter which will let you take people there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

Hear no evil,speak no evil, see no evil :D

Brilliant

found a big pile of hippies earlier,well i think they were hippies..will go back and see and if they are i will exterminate them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

I spent 58 euro on this crap, what was I thinking the graphics are crap, the driving is clunky, the shooting is unrealistic and the map is awful. the character switching is slow and the missions are the same old dirt.

You do realise it's a completely open world game running near-identically on two completely different consoles that are 7 and 8 years old? It's a minor miracle this even runs on either console.

If you think this looks crap, go play the original GTA for ten minutes, then com back to this and drive around out in Blane County watxhing the sun set.

Anybody installed disc 2 onto a usb?

What's stopping you giving it to a friend for him to do the same?

Because (like every other 360 game), the console will still verify the game is actually in the drive before it boots ot up.

Do install it to USB, the console is so much quieter without the disc drive constantly running.

Because (like every other 360 game), the console will still verify the game is actually in the drive before it boots ot up.

Do install it to USB, the console is so much quieter without the disc drive constantly running.

Cheers how do i do this? Been trying all day:(

Cheers how do i do this? Been trying all day:(

When you're on the system dashboard with the 'play' disc inserted, instead of pressing A to start the game, press X. It will then give you the option to install - pick the USB stick.

Go and make a cup of tea as this will take about 15 minutes!

• Advertisement

When you're on the system board with the 'play' disc inserted, instead of pressing A to start the game, press X. It will then give you the option to install - pick the USB stick.

Go and make a cup of tea as this will take about 15 minutes!

My god that simple ha! I was 2 hours trying to figure it out, thank you my good man!

Advertisement