Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Gameplay Discussion ***POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Awww yeah, fibre power broadband has just been turned on in my area, hopefully It'll be up and running by the time GTA goes online!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

love blowing up anything that says flammable,stack 2 or 3 cars beside it then 'BOOOOM'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

Great spent ages running from the pooolice in a cash van only to find out it was empty :(

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

Al_Coholic wrote: »
    love blowing up anything that says flammable,stack 2 or 3 cars beside it then 'BOOOOM'

Just don't make the same mistake I did - blowing up a car on the forecourt of a petrol station...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

My god that simple ha! I was 2 hours trying to figure it out, thank you my good man!

Ok its installed, took the disc out, now I can't find the game to play anywhere?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭tigger123

Beefy78 wrote: »
    What I'm impressed about here is how much like Los Angeles this city is. Every bit as close to the real thing as Liberty City is to New York. I went past a cantina last night that is a cantina I've eaten at in real life. Santa Monica is Venucci Beach. I can just walk down there in the game going "I've walked down here", "I've seen that" "I've crossed this". It's epic.

If I can find the diner from Happy Days then that's it, I'm never playing video games again because it's downhill from there.

I had a very similar experience with GTA IV and New York. As I walked around New York in real life I couldn't help but think to myself how much Rockstar had nailed it.

When you're on the system dashboard with the 'play' disc inserted, instead of pressing A to start the game, press X. It will then give you the option to install - pick the USB stick.

Go and make a cup of tea as this will take about 15 minutes!

Ok its installed, took the disc out, now I can't find the game to play anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Its a shame you cant attach stuff to the tractors......could have gone baling for a few hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

IvySlayer wrote: »
    What do your characters do when you switch?

Franklin is either driving but mostly in the strip club. Once I saw Michael in restaurant with some woman, wasn't his wife though :D

Switched to Trevor and he was in the middle of the desert patting a body shaped lump in the ground with a shovel :D

Help please!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

.E_C_K_S. wrote: »
    Its a shame you cant attach stuff to the tractors......could have gone baling for a few hours!

You can attach a rake to the tractor on los santos beach. Sadly doesnt comb the beach sand as it's meant to do tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Help please!

You still need to keep disc two in. It plays from the USB but wont launch unless the disc is in the drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

What's the deal with the new install people are talking about?

You install disk one to the HDD and disk 2 (the play disk) to a usb?

You still need to keep disc two in. It plays from the USB but wont launch unless the disc is in the drive.

Thanks very much, god I feel I'm really been left behind with all this stuff, hadn't played the xbox in years, took it out for this game, and its been worth it for sure!

Cheers again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Anyone noticing a bug with Franklin's
    Smoke on the water delivery
    missions? I keep getting the texts about doing some runs for them but whenever I go there it doesnt allow me to do anything. Tried about a dozen times now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

Glitch in my game where Franklin's aunt walks out of the house every 10 seconds.

There is like 10 of them walking down the street in single file :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Does anyone else get a pool of blood when they beat someone to death? I'm not getting any.
    I kicked a prostitute to death for my refund. No pool of blood. Stabbed and kicked a girl on the beach for no reason. No pool of blood.
    Set the dog Chop on some hood smoking at a corner. That DID result in a pool of blood.
    Strange.

Ps. Is there something wrong with me?

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

Switched back to Trevor earlier to find him, drunk, shirtless and on top of a train station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

Kxiii wrote: »
    Switched back to Trevor earlier to find him, drunk, shirtless and on top of a train station.

Ha! The most disturbing one I've seen is (spoiler if you haven't made your way to Los Santos with Trev yet)
    he wakes up in (can't remember the guy's name) flat down near Vespucci Beach, spooning him in bed with the other guy wearing women's PJs!

Also, switched to him to find him barreling down the freeway with being pursued with a 2 start wanted level shouting about how "he's entitled to defend himself" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Just bought a clown horn for my Schyster Sports car. That's hours of entertainment alone!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭0llieJonCon

Could someone please tell me how to walk Chop? I walk up to him and there's nothing to notify me that I can interact with him. I just pressed all the directional buttons, then gave up and did some missions instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Could someone please tell me how to walk Chop? I walk up to him and there's nothing to notify me that I can interact with him. I just pressed all the directional buttons, then gave up and did some missions instead.

press LT (or L2 on PS3) to target him and then press RB/R1.

Garseys wrote: »
    press LT (or L2 on PS3) to target him and then press RB/R1.

Cool thanks man. I'll try it out when I get out of work, in 8 hours. Ugh, thank God I have most of next week off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Al_Coholic wrote: »
    found a big pile of hippies earlier,well i think they were hippies..will go back and see and if they are i will exterminate them

I wiped them out as Trevor dressed in full mullet/tash/redneck get up. Satisfying.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭fuzz69er

Spent 3 hours playing last night and only managed 2 main missions and 2 freak missions and shome shooting range. The rest of the time was spent (I won't say wasted, cause it really wasn't) driving up to Mt Chilliad at night, watching the city lights. I got dsitracted by a dear that ran across the road, swerved, went over the embankment and crashed down into the river. I tried to run to the road on the other side and inadvertently tried to access the army base and was warned off. Called a taxi, went to the cable cars and rode it to the top. Did some sightseeing, killed a hiker and parachuted down which was great fun. I then went for a fairground ride, stole a jetski and ended up in the airport trying to evade the cops and steal a private jet which blew up before I could get off the ground.

Epic.

Last night when I wanted a plane for a mission:
    Wanted to fly over the fence of the military base and steal the military helicopter for the 2nd heist
    I went to an airstrip but there was only a stunt plane that would just start a race if I got into it.

But then I look to the runway and see someone has just landed in a small plane, so I think that I'll just take it off him. The man pulls up the plane next to the hangar near where I am standing, opens his door, steps onto the wing, and walks right into the propeller, which obviously shreds him. Had a good laugh at that :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭carol clery

Anyone any advice on playing the stock market apart from not to?

Bought a few different stocks but not sure whats best

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Anyone any advice on playing the stock market apart from not to?

Bought a few different stocks but not sure whats best

Buy low, sell high.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

Just got my copy of the strategy guide some great amount of stuff in it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭bruce wayne

This is pretty cool, on the collectors edition release http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej3r_t_mTww

Advertisement