Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Gameplay Discussion ***POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Had some fun last night when I went for a drive around the island and up to Mt. Chiliad. When I got up there I drove back down on a dirt bike... at night. That's some scary s$$t right there. I nearly drove off the edge several times and had wild animals chasing me. :eek:
    I couldn't get passed the alien mission though.... so I just left that and changed characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭fuzz69er

This is pretty cool, on the collectors edition release http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej3r_t_mTww

I can't listen to that in work so apologies if it's mentioned, but has anyone checked the maps for the special edition to see if it's on that as well?

How do people find stuff like that? Just sit there and think, I know, I'll shine a blacklight on the map and see if anything pops up! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭0llieJonCon

Anyone any advice on playing the stock market apart from not to?

Bought a few different stocks but not sure whats best

Bought Debonnairre cigarettes stock mainly because of a mission where
    as Franklin, Lester asks you to kill 4 jurers who were bribed by Redwood cigarrettes for a court case against them.

Debonnaire stocks went up after the mission, but I've waited a few missions later and they've gone up even more :cool:

One question I have though. Are the stock markets, when they aren't mission related, completely controlled by guys at R*? Since on the stock market web page on your phone says that it's "powered by Rockstar Social Club". I'm guessing that will be the case when Online is launched, but unsure if single player is the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

There's a new app available on iPhone that contains a 100 page manual for the game and an interactive map of the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,828 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Hey lads, been looking for a car but having no luck. If you happen to come across a Bollokan Prairie, can you let me know where abouts on the map you were? Doesn't seem to be in the in-game car sales site.

vl7K0Qy.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Hey lads, been looking for a car but having no luck. If you happen to come across a Bollokan Prairie, can you let me know where abouts on the map you were? Doesn't seem to be in the in-game car sales site.

vl7K0Qy.jpg

Is that not just a Hyundai Coupe? Hardly desirable if so. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Have a question lads. Whenever I'm switching characters there are numbers that come up alongside them in the little wheel thing. What do the numbers mean?

Great game by the way!

It is when you own one :(

Have a question lads. Whenever I'm switching characters there are numbers that come up alongside them in the little wheel thing. What do the numbers mean?

Great game by the way!

The numbers show the amount of missions (both main and strangers) available to the character at that time

It is when you own one :(

Whoops! Taksies Backsies, wonderful cars. :)

FWIW I saw one driving around Los Santos, but I can't remember where exactly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

The number of missions available to the character I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭0llieJonCon

This is pretty cool, on the collectors edition release http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej3r_t_mTww
    fuzz69er wrote: »
    I can't listen to that in work so apologies if it's mentioned, but has anyone checked the maps for the special edition to see if it's on that as well?

How do people find stuff like that? Just sit there and think, I know, I'll shine a blacklight on the map and see if anything pops up! :confused:

Only watched the first bit of the video to see which map it was. I got the special edition which looks like the same map as the one in the video. Now I'm gonna go and buy a UV light just to find out what's on it for myself! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Maybe if you're a hairdresser... :pac:

Whoops! Taksies Backsies, wonderful cars. :)

FWIW I saw one driving around Los Santos, but I can't remember where exactly.

HAHA too late now! In GTA IV, I would spend ages looking for high end cars, now I'm looking for a low end one and all I can find are Ferraris and Lexus's. Think I need to spend some time in the bad parts of LS.

HAHA too late now! In GTA IV, I would spend ages looking for high end cars, now I'm looking for a low end one and all I can find are Ferraris and Lexus's. Think I need to spend some time in the bad parts of LS.

Well that's what I meant, hardly desirable in a city drowning in Paganis, Ferraris and Porches. :D

Speaking of, R* made a great choice by putting so many high end cars in, unlike GTA IV. Only took 2 taxis so far, driving is brilliant in this, can't get why some people hate it.

Just did Flying School. All gold except for the helicopter lessons. I thought I was actually doing okay and barely got bronze in the first one!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Yeah, it has really great and varies cars. Although, I tried to drive a golf cart from the country to the city but failed miserably at every corner.

Reminds me I still have to play golf, I heard after you take your shot, you can drive the golf cart to the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

That app is annoying. Chop is hungry, chop is thirsty etc, etc.....

Reminds me I still have to play golf, I heard after you take your shot, you can drive the golf cart to the next one.

Haven't played it either although I've been meaning to try it out and always get distracted. The tennis is great though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

You can, you can skip straight to the shot instead of walking or driving after the ball but I spent ages yesterday zipping around the course. Michael's reactions when you miss shots are funny.

Anyone looking for a laugh go do Michaels freak mission over by the beach area to the left of the map, its a question mark on the map, one of the funniest parts of the game so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

haha there's sharks in the ocean, I stole a speedboat and just head out from the shore, you can go for ages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Wade is hilarious :D

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

Wade is hilarious :D
    do wade and trevor = steve and kenny powers

soap1978 wrote: »
    do wade and trevor = steve and kenny powers

Exactly! Wade & Ron have very Stevie like qualities.

The R* Social Site is actually class for the stats it keeps. The checklist shows everything you have done and you can hover over what needs to be done for a description.

Also you can see all pics taken by players across the world or just on your friends list.

Some amount of details.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/career/checklist

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

That's odd, it says I my usage for Trevor is at 2% and I have yet to use him at all. :confused:

EDIT: Duhhhhh the opening mission!!

py2006 wrote: »
    That's odd, it says I my usage for Trevor is at 2% and I have yet to use him at all. :confused:

You have at the very start ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

You have at the very start ;)

Yea I just coped on to that now! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Its probably been asked already but is there a problem in the game with the Social Club?

Everytime I get an error when checking it.

Advertisement