Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Gameplay Discussion ***POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,828 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

unkymo wrote: »
    Its probably been asked already but is there a problem in the game with the Social Club?

Everytime I get an error when checking it.

Yeah, R* currently working on it. too much traffic causing issues with the social site and the ifruit app.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

py2006 wrote: »
    If you blow up a security truck you can take the loot....apparently

I stumbled across a security truck at a petrol station the other day. It suddenly occurred to me that I could rob it but I'd not planned to do so so it did not go well. I got out my gun and shot the guard who dropped something which I grabbed. Shot the other guard and jumped into my car. Spent ten minutes escaping the cops and then when I checked how much money I'd got I realised that what I'd picked up was the guard's gun and I'd forgotten to actually take any money! :mad:

I can't work out how to rob the 24/7s. I can't get inside any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

How do you even get prostitutes? I'm hearing all this talk about them but don't even know how to get them...

How do you even get prostitutes? I'm hearing all this talk about them but don't even know how to get them...

I nearly picked one up by accident. I had to stop after nearly hitting a car and happen to pull in right beside a 'lady of the evening' and Franklin said something like 'Naw, can't take you in this car'. Dunno what I was driving that couldn't take a 2nd person though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

You can pull up to a red light and race the car next to you as well by revving your engine.

Also your car stops working if you drive in the river after a minute

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Just got all golds in flight school, what is the point though? I didn't get anything for it!

dar-days-171.jpg?w=500&h=663

mutley18 wrote: »
    Just got all golds in flight school, what is the point though? I didn't get anything for it!

Yeah, I was just looking at your scores on the social site (Boards crew leaderboard). How the hell did you get that time for the Helicopter Course!

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I nearly picked one up by accident. I had to stop after nearly hitting a car and happen to pull in right beside a 'lady of the evening' and Franklin said something like 'Naw, can't take you in this car'. Dunno what I was driving that couldn't take a 2nd person though.

Are you using that as a synonym or is there brothels called "Lady of the Evening" around LS? Do you just beep your horn or something?

Are you using that as a synonym or is there brothels called "Lady of the Evening" around LS? Do you just beep your horn or something?

Haha no just describing the lady. Not sure about the part of the map but I was down near the hood. Drive around at night and just look out for girls standing around on the footpath. Looks like you only have to pull up beside them and they will come over to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Dfmnoc

dar-days-171.jpg?w=500&h=663

Why you hiding behind toilet

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Yeah, I was just looking at your scores on the social site (Boards crew leaderboard). How the hell did you get that time for the Helicopter Course!

The chopper one is painful, I can't do the first one at all, and usually it's the plane ones I found harder

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Dfmnoc wrote: »
    Why you hiding behind toilet

Because he is....sh1t

(hides)

I did a random event with Trevor earlier where a girl was crying on the side of the road and said her neighbour was beating up his wife, I followed her but got jumped by a bunch of guys, needless to say it didn't end well for any of them, her included :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

It was tough! The landing is the worst part if you have barely any time left, panic sets in!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

krudler wrote: »
    I did a random event with Trevor earlier where a girl was crying on the side of the road and said her neighbour was beating up his wife, I followed her but got jumped by a bunch of guys, needless to say it didn't end well for any of them, her included :pac:

Same, but I was Michael, killed the 3 gunmen with his special ability and then kicked the woman to death :pac:

For the mission
    where you have to go to the army barracks and steal a Bobacat, do you have to actually drive inside of the barracks?!

Spoiler is very mild, just a question.

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Same, but I was Michael, killed the 3 gunmen with his special ability and then kicked the woman to death :pac:

Find any hitchhikers yet? I brought one to the cult, she was a weirdo though so I felt less guilty bout it :pac:

I keep meaning to do stuff then wind up being distracted and going off doing something else, does it matter what order you do the missions in? like when I bring up the option to switch right now I had 5 available as Trevor, 3 as Michael and 3 as Franklin, but say I do all the 3 Michael ones, I dont miss the Franklin ones right?

For the mission
    where you have to go to the army barracks and steal a Bobacat, do you have to actually drive inside of the barracks?!

Spoiler is very mild, just a question.

I tried to sneak in but just wound up ploughing through the front gate, it's an easy enough mission the chopper is out in the open so just tear up to it, you can grab it with little fuss

I tried to sneak in but just wound up ploughing through the front gate, it's an easy enough mission the chopper is out in the open so just tear up to it, you can grab it with little fuss

Ah, just did that, thanks. Easier than I thought it'd be. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Does anyone know if the Talk Radio channel gets more content as the game continues?

Every time I switch over, it's that Eddie Hobbs sounding chap going on about his cult. It was funny the first time, but a bit of a drag now. I always really liked the talk shows for a laugh in GTA.

Yeah I rarely listen to the talk radio station, think the radio is fairly poor this time, it's one of the few complaints I have, the pop and soul stations are good though. I usually drive with the radio off altogether, prefer the city sounds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

My only complaint so far is the damage that vehicles can take. Cars are like bloody tanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

There are a few songs in the soundtrack that dont appear on radio. Has anyone heard Muse's "Madness" in the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Pull up next to them, they'll come over to the car, hit Right on the D pad.

They're well rough looking though be warned. Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaysus.

In the meantime, is there anything useful to be done with Chop until the iFruit app is sorted out?

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

miralize wrote: »
    There are a few songs in the soundtrack that dont appear on radio. Has anyone heard Muse's "Madness" in the game?

Nope. I noticed a few other ones seem to be absent too. Maybe they'll be held back for a particular mission or something? I think the playlist is quite good overall, but I'm not sure how they arrange what songs are on at what time. I always seem to get the same songs!

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

Yeah I rarely listen to the talk radio station, think the radio is fairly poor this time, it's one of the few complaints I have, the pop and soul stations are good though. I usually drive with the radio off altogether, prefer the city sounds

That's the only thing I hate about the game. The radio stations are awful. The bottom half of them are just terrible and a few ok pop rock songs on the top half. I think the country music station is the only decent one that suits the cool sand trails and so on up in that half of the map.

My only complaint so far is the damage that vehicles can take. Cars are like bloody tanks!

I dont think cars should crumple in a tip either but yeah some of them are crazy, I had to do a mission to nick a cop SUV and had a massive chase after it, the thing was being slammed around and i flung it off bridges a few times trying to get away, stil going. I much prefer the chases now though, no more just getting a straight road and gunning it, you actually have to hide and avoid surface roads when choppers are about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

Does anyone know how to deploy a parachute? I jumped of mount chiliad and just fell.

Also, once you pick up a parachute, do u have it forever, even if you already use it?

Thanks,

• Advertisement

Jamez735 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to deploy a parachute? I jumped of mount chiliad and just fell.

Also, once you pick up a parachute, do u have it forever, even if you already use it?

Thanks,

Should be X/Square if you have one. And no, you need another one AFAIK.

Advertisement