Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Gameplay Discussion ***POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

Just flicked to Trevor and he had some poor bloke tied up to one of the logs holding the pier up. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

Should be X/Square if you have one. And no, you need another one AFAIK.

Yeah the strange thing was he didnt even put it on, just stayed in inventory. He tumbled when he fell, wasn't a controlled dive or anything.

I actually tried it twice, once with just a small enough drop where he fell half the way down and nearly died, then a second time off a steep enough edge, and still nothing.

As for the radio stations, I'm not as impressed as I thought I'd be, but I've only listened to small fraction of it... I am however loving the talk stations, some of the stuff is hilarious! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭LifeSaabItch

What's everyones favourite car?

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Also have a pimped El Camino lookalikey.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,828 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

As soon as I have the 2nd heist done, I am buying lis santos customs, a banshee for franklin and will customise the balls off it. Will post a pic then.

Cheetah!

Haven't found one yet :/

Found one that resembles a Lotus Elise, the Coil Voltic ..but it's also very similar to the cheetah in vice city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Anyone find a lack of bikes? loads of quad ones out in Blaine county but hardly any motorbikes, is there any particular area that has more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

krudler wrote: »
    Anyone find a lack of bikes? loads of quad ones out in Blaine county but hardly any motorbikes, is there any particular area that has more?

I found loads on one of the freeways but couldn't tell you which one, near Lesters clothes warehouse I think. Loads of mopeds there too

Edit: in general though I'd agree, not too many floating around

Finally went up to the Vinewood sign earlier, nice view up there, whats the restricted area behind it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

krudler wrote: »
    Finally went up to the Vinewood sign earlier, nice view up there, whats the restricted area behind it?

Looks like a powerplant, in a mission?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Can you go outside the city when you first start out?most of the map is blacked out.

• Advertisement

Can you go outside the city when you first start out?most of the map is blacked out.

yep u can go anywhere, it's a kind of "fog of war" style map where you have to explore the areas before you can see it on the map. The more of the map you explore the more you see.

Easiest thing to do is go to airport and steal a plane, fly around the map and you should be able to see most of it, that's what I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

Has anybody found the Coil supercar yet? Was looking for it in Vinewood for about 10 minutes earlier, didn't see even one!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone else not able to sync there trophies for ps3?

Jamez735 wrote: »
    yep u can go anywhere, it's a kind of "fog of war" style map where you have to explore the areas before you can see it on the map. The more of the map you explore the more you see.

Easiest thing to do is go to airport and steal a plane, fly around the map and you should be able to see most of it, that's what I did.

Same, flying over areas is the best way to unlock all the map, or just get a cab to a point on the map you havent been yet.

Im loving playing as Trevor, was doing a mission with Cletus and he gave me a whistle for like bird calls "this sounds like someone strangling a clarinet player, and I can say that from experience!" in another mission I was on the phone roaring at someone and after it a love song was on the radio and he just goes "arrgh this song is so fcuking inappropriate for my mood right now!" :pac:

Has anybody found the Coil supercar yet? Was looking for it in Vinewood for about 10 minutes earlier, didn't see even one!

Yep I'm seeing loads! can't find any cheetahs though,

I usually find them near Michael's house, but there's one parked on Vespucci Beach near the bike rental place. I'm not sure if that's a permanent location or not, but when I was doing the bike ride mission with Jimmy I found a red one there.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

I'm seriously attracted to Amanda and her breasts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

Im just after doing the mission where you get back the stolen boat and save Michaels son.Do i have to do all the strangers and freaks missions with Leonard before progressing the story now?I have yet to find any hitch hikers.It's the best GTA yet and i like the Los Santos Rock Station and the country music station.I only have 1 small complaint though.It would have been handy if the location of all convenience stores that you can walk into were on the map.

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

Sub is parked at the airfield

Am i right in guessing that i need to rob that big chopper each time i want to use it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Also have a pimped El Camino lookalikey.

My favourite car is my humble Downtown taxi cab!:pac:

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur.

As I was getting just a little tired of Los Santos...Trevor happened. :D

I love this game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Yeah not mad on the radio; there are a number of good songs but I think they're spread so much that I could never just listen to one station. Maybe 2/3 songs I like on about 5 of the stations. The rest I'm not feeling at all, which is a shame since the soundtrack was always one of my favourite parts of GTA games. Haven't listened to the chat shows much yet but they are usually hilarious. Are there many different WCTR shows? Everytime I flick over it seems to be Chakra something and the Fernando Show. Also disappointed in the lack of blood and some car physics (an upside down car should not turn over by moving the steering wheel!) But these are all superficial, minor criticisms; the game is pretty amazing and so much fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

When Trevor talks about Michael I just keep thinking of Arrested Development and Gob's "Stupid, forgetful Michael" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭moesyzlak

I only got the game this morning by "express post". Im on the first Trevor mission in sandy shores.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,828 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just read that if you get gold at the gun range, you get a permanent 25% discount in all gun stores. Will have to try that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Where do you find the fugitives for Maude?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

I'm taking things a bit slow, doing any random side missions that pop up, had a couple rounds of golf (1 under), a bit of tennis, little bit of everything.
    Havent unlocked Trevor yet but I'm guessing it wont be long.

Quick question, In my game Franklin has just unlocked a big lock up garage, did he buy this when I playing as Michael or does it automatically unlock after a while?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

So heists are only part of the story :(

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,494 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Just had a 40 minute gun battle across roof tops. think of heat! 5 helicopters taken out of it. Managed to block an entry point with a truck so all the coppers had to chase on foot! Eventually died when the camera got stuck above me and couldnt move!

The first missions you do as all three characters is excellent, I love how the missions have a musical score now instead of just the car radio stuff, really adds to it.

Has anyone gotten the "like" bar up full with a stripper? do it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Where do you find the fugitives for Maude?

She gives you a map of where they are and you have to find it. The first one is in the quarry so its easily to enough. Go to the area and look around.
    The dude in the quarry is down the bottom.

Advertisement