Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Gameplay Discussion ***POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭fuzz69er

Grayditch wrote: »
    Yeah, I sometimes wish they'd give you a slight bit more heads up on the ones coming towards you that seem to come out of nowhere.

I guess that adds to the tension, that it could happen at any time.

tbf it's sharpened me up since it happened - I've been expecting it on every wanted level since.

What have people found are the best tactics for evading the cops? It's so long since I played a GTA game I'd forgotten that you used to be able to visit spray shops and that would lose the stars, is that still possible?

On another mission I was sure I was out of sight of the cops, but the 'radar' flicked over the area I was in and the chase started again.

One time I hid out in the construction site and it faded quickly. I think it might be down to whether they actually see you entering an area or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,828 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Since my in-game camera isn't working, had to upload this pic. Just changed to Trevor and it shows 2 strippers running out of the club with Trevor strolling out behind them in just his jocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

fuzz69er wrote: »
    One time I hid out in the construction site and it faded quickly. I think it might be down to whether they actually see you entering an area or not.

Yep, this is it. If you get out of sight and then get off the main roads and hide you should be golden. The great thing is you can now lose the cops on foot, which was nearly impossible before.

Yep, this is it. If you get out of sight and then get off the main roads and hide you should be golden. The great thing is you can now lose the cops on foot, which was nearly impossible before.

Definitely found that easier. Which is good as my penchant for beating up strangers in the street has landed me in trouble on more than one occassion.

Christ, I think I've been incredibly stupid.

Just been looking at the Rockstar SC site at the Strangers missions and wondering why more hadn't appeared on my mini map. Am I right in saying that to continue Pulling Favours you need to call the meth head girl on your mobile??

I was just waiting for it to appear by itself on the map

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Whats her characters name again, is that girl
    whos boyfriend you beat to death

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭0llieJonCon

Dunno if it was mentioned before, but wanted to say I love the little touch they made on the internet browser, that when you go to a clickable link, instead of a hand with the extended index finger you have on real life computers, the cursor changes to a hand extending the middle finger :pac:

Made me chuckle the first time I saw it

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Whats her characters name again, is that girl
    whos boyfriend you beat to death

It might be Tonya or something. I think that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Police chases in this are so much more epic than ever before.

the cinematic cam is brill too, either on the chopper or the dashcams of cops chasing you.

Anyone done the A-Team inspired missions yet? was in all the trailers but I won't give it away in case, my favourite mission so far. I like how you can see what you could have done to get a gold at the end of every one, this will have loads of replayability mission wise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Finished it last night.

Chose to kill Trevor cause I wanted to see his reaction, immediately restarted and chose option C as I felt bad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Does anyone else get a pool of blood when they beat someone to death? I'm not getting any.
    I kicked a prostitute to death for my refund. No pool of blood. Stabbed and kicked a girl on the beach for no reason. No pool of blood.
    Set the dog Chop on some hood smoking at a corner. That DID result in a pool of blood.
    Strange.

Ps. Is there something wrong with me?

Anyone else noticed this or is it just my game?
    It's a small gripe but it does bug me a little bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Pull up next to them, they'll come over to the car, hit Right on the D pad.

They're well rough looking though be warned. Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaysus.

In the meantime, is there anything useful to be done with Chop until the iFruit app is sorted out?

I havent seen any! Am I hanging around the wrong area's?

Also that shop across from Franklins is never open?!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Demios

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Since my in-game camera isn't working, had to upload this pic. Just changed to Trevor and it shows 2 strippers running out of the club with Trevor strolling out behind them in just his jocks.

Is it possible to keep him in his jocks I wonder? Wouldn't mind doing a few rampages with a minigun just in y-fronts!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,828 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Demios wrote: »
    Is it possible to keep him in his jocks I wonder? Wouldn't mind doing a few rampages with a minigun just in y-fronts!

I dunno but I'm definitely gonna try keep him in that for a while!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Re; The scraps of paper is the person to whom they refer
    CJs mother out of San Andreas? The second name is definitely Johnson but I don't remember the mothers first name.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Has anybody found the Coil supercar yet? Was looking for it in Vinewood for about 10 minutes earlier, didn't see even one!

I had one, spent a fortune modding it and then lost it after visiting an Ammu-Nation :(

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I dunno but I'm definitely gonna try keep him in that for a while!

I have him in suit driving a modded mini cooper, going against all his redneck sensibilities :pac:

Pfff I went to the vehicle impoound, which is beside a cop station, got a cool 911 looking car for 250 bucks, and I literally scraped a cop car on the way out, instant 2 stars! jaysus

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

The ability to ragdoll at will has me in stitches here.

Oh in case anyone hasn't done Trevor's sock heist yet, when he tells Michael to get flying lessons earier, make sure you do, it's kinda important

krudler wrote: »
    Oh in case anyone hasn't done Trevor's sock heist yet, when he tells Michael to get flying lessons earier, make sure you do, it's kinda important

The funny thing about that is I went to flight school as Trevor, being the best pilot I said it would be easier to get used to and sure I'd choose him for the flying aspect of the game, then this was dropped on me.

I havent gone down just yet with Michael but is it hard? I found the planes easy, the helicopter was painful as hell trying to navigate through that f**king bridge. :mad:

• Advertisement

Has anyone made enough cash from the missions to afford the high end property or golf course?

Has anyone made enough cash from the missions to afford the high end property or golf course?

Not yet, although my Michael has $811,000 after the first heist.

I'm deliberately avoiding plot missions at the moment and exploring a lot, doing random events and taxi-ing etc. However, I made $100,000 profit on the stock market with Franklin!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Even with completing the final heist, I'm still about $130 million short :pac:

'mon the stocks :p

The funny thing about that is I went to flight school as Trevor, being the best pilot I said it would be easier to get used to and sure I'd choose him for the flying aspect of the game, then this was dropped on me.

I havent gone down just yet with Michael but is it hard? I found the planes easy, the helicopter was painful as hell trying to navigate through that f**king bridge. :mad:

I did it earlier with Michael and my flying stats were 2 1/2 bars, but I only did up to the chopper course and now it's at 4 bars so it goes up pretty quick. I did the mission where I needed to fly as Michael and it was pretty crap, it's hard to even get the chopper to fly forwards, it sorta hovers there and takes ages to get going. Tried again with 4 bars and was much easier, just tilting the stick up made it fly properly.

Anyone know how to build up strenght? all three characters have ok stats now except for lung capacity as I havent gone swimming much, I assume strenght is just getting in scraps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Even with completing the final heist, I'm still about $130 million short :pac:

'mon the stocks :p

Ah ****. Suppose it gives you something to play for though. YOu can make money online too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

I think tennis builds up strength for Michael. Not sure about the others.

Only realised earlier you can buy cars on your phone, the internet sites are funny, that mini cooper type car is a great, handbrake turns like a boss

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

I did the flight school with Michael and afterwards he had 5-bars in the flying skill

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Switched to Trevor, he was starting a fight with a bodybuilder for not getting his dick out

• Advertisement

Switched to Franklin and he was ironing a t-shirt in his
    Vinewood mansion

Advertisement