Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Gameplay Discussion ***POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Question for anybody who's managed to steala plane from the airport. How did you do it?

There are loads of planes there but do you have to find one with steps up to the cockpit or what? Can't really afford to try different things as you just get killed!

Took me a few goes. Get a fast car and it is the plane with the thing attached on the side for the passengers to walk through.

Go under it and press y to get in and reverse it out. Go fast, the po po blow up under the wheels and engine

• Registered Users Posts: 33,640 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Have you bought a garage for Trevor yet?

As far as I can tell, each character has a specific garage available for purchase for $30,000. All their special vehicles will show up there, and I think any vehicles you store in your home's garage go there too.

Correct me if I'm wrong on any of that?

Can you only buy particular properties as particular characters, btw? I'm guessing Franklin can't buy the airfield, for instance?

Some properties can only be bought by certain characters, or by two of the three. Michael and Franklin can both buy Hangars at the Airport for their planes and tanks, but Trevor can't as he has the airfield (I think that's where his tank should show up. It should say where they delivered it to in the email they send). I think you can press Right D-Pad to switch which vehicle shows up in the space (eg. if you buy two big planes, only one will appear in the hangar but you can press Right to switch to the other). So if there's a plane in Trevor's hangar and you've bought a tank too, try pressing Right to see if you can switch)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Question for anybody who's managed to steala plane from the airport. How did you do it?

There are loads of planes there but do you have to find one with steps up to the cockpit or what? Can't really afford to try different things as you just get killed!

I was mooching past one of the gates into the airport, and purely on a whim decided to give it a go. I ran up the steps attached to a building, which worked as kind of a ramp to get over the perimeter fence. That triggered a bunch of warning stars, but I found a truck or something parked and made a dash for the runway.

Then I pelted it for the Gulfstreamy looking jet and mashed Y like a crazy person, while standing near the cockpit, until the little automatic inbuilt stairs extended. I think there was a little bit of luck involved because there were an awful lot of bullets flying around, but once you're in the air, you'll lose your stars very easily, so it's grand.

I didn't master landing yet though, I basically just jumped out of the plane near the ground, and then carried on about my business when the jet was off exploding in the distance. I expect a job application from Ryanair any day now. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

Trevor taking a **** behind the bin made me laugh so much today.He reminds me of people in my town!..all dirty crazy bastards

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Just did the heist that was straight out of
    the movie Heat, with tipping over the van with the truck, glad I went with the hockey masks
    . I like changing between the three characters during the missions it's nice and quick too so it doesn't ruin the flow of the combat or whatever you're doing at the time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

It's installing It's installing It's installing It's installing It's installing It's installing It's installing It's installing It's installing It's installing It's installing It's installing It's installing It's installing It's installing It's installing It's installing!!!!!!!!!!!!11111!!!!1!!!!11!!! etc.

Not even the fact I'm dying with flu could diminish the excitement I'm feeling right now. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Just turning on my ps3 now... I have a feeling its gonna be a long night.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

Has anybody switched to Trevor whilst he's cuddling up to Floyd? Still laugh when it happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

If you want a plane go to the main airport entrance, crash through the red and white barrier slowly and wait for the Auto gate to open. As soon as you drive in you get 3*. Drive straight about 100m, to your right there should be a small cessna type aircraft. Run over to it and press Y. Whoever you are will give the door a bang and the stairs falls down. You'll have cops pretty close now and a few bullets flying so reverse a couple of metres and then gun it toward the sea, you only need a really short run up. I've robbed it about 10 times, pretty easy.

Tried for a passenger 747 type but couldn't board it and was killed, I'm sure one of them can be boarded... Just need to find the right one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,168 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Is it possible to aim a gun without shooting while driving? I press L1 but it just keeps shooting, sometimes I want to aim a shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

J. Marston wrote: »
    Is it possible to aim a gun without shooting while driving? I press L1 but it just keeps shooting, sometimes I want to aim a shot.

Use the right analog stick to aim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

If you want a plane go to the main airport entrance, crash through the red and white barrier slowly and wait for the Auto gate to open. As soon as you drive in you get 3*. Drive straight about 100m, to your right there should be a small cessna type aircraft. Run over to it and press Y. Whoever you are will give the door a bang and the stairs falls down. You'll have cops pretty close now and a few bullets flying so reverse a couple of metres and then gun it toward the sea, you only need a really short run up. I've robbed it about 10 times, pretty easy.

Tried for a passenger 747 type but couldn't board it and was killed, I'm sure one of them can be boarded... Just need to find the right one :)

Pfff, Los Santos Airport... if you want a challenge try robbing a jet from Fort Zancudo! :)

Seriously though, it's really hard, I tried walking up to the gate, shot the guard, stole a truck and got to the runway but got blown to bits by a tank...think I need to jump out of a plane and land right beside the jet!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Jamez735 wrote: »
    Pfff, Los Santos Airport... if you want a challenge try robbing a jet from Fort Zancudo! :)

Seriously though, it's really hard, I tried walking up to the gate, shot the guard, stole a truck and got to the runway but got blown to bits by a tank...think I need to jump out of a plane and land right beside the jet!

I was unsuccessfully trying that last night. I think I died about 6 times. Managed to get the jet into the air 2/3 times but then I got blown up by other fighter jets.

anyone take the celebrity tour in vinewood yet? its near the chinese theatre, it's absolutely hilarious so it's worth sitting through the whole thing. "come on this tour and see where famous people sh1t!"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Managed to steal the military jet and get away but I must have been damaged (didn't look damaged) as the engines cut out and I went head first into a lake.

krudler wrote: »
    anyone take the celebrity tour in vinewood yet? its near the chinese theatre, it's absolutely hilarious so it's worth sitting through the whole thing. "come on this tour and see where famous people sh1t!"

I think you'll find that's the Oriental theatre.

Could be worse though. :D

I'm so crap at landing planes :pac:

They really went a bit overboard with the amount of cops that show up for low wanted levels, i punched someone and got a 1 star so hid in an alley, counted 5 cars looking for me, seriously rockstar? you used to be able to run away from 1 star levels. I dont mind trying to outrun the cops when its part of a missions or warranted for some mayhem, but 5 cops cars showing up instantly cos I decked someone is a bit much.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Sorry, I know I'm late to the party and most of this has probably been said already:

So I've been playing for about two hours...

I hate the driving. It's so, so awful and just feels like a regressive step. I don't understand how anyone could possibly prefer it to IV. This really was my biggest fear coming into the game and it's come true. :(

I'm currently chasing a bike as Franklin and, seriously, I'm already getting frustrated. The car just swerves maniacally with the slightest touch of the stick, it's got that annoying Sleeping Dogs-like braking where you can just stop nigh on instantly...

Sad times. Sad times.

On the other hand, the stuff on foot is great. I love the shooting and melee, I love the way cutscenes and freeroam blend together, I love that it only took me 2 minutes after I was left off the leash before I killed some guy who told me to f*ck off (one punch to the head and he was dead! :D), I love that I found a helicopter without even looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,168 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Anyone else having trouble uploading photos? Tried to save one but got a message about Rockstar Social Club having problems or something?

• Advertisement

Here, has anybody else seen female police officers, or am I raving?

I was sure I'd heard there weren't any, but I'm nearly certain it was a lady state trooper type who eventually killed me out in the boonies at one point.

Just for the record, I'm not mental - there are indeed female cops in the Sheriff's Department.

Don't know if there are any in the LSPD though.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Sorry, I know I'm late to the party and most of this has probably been said already:

So I've been playing for about two hours...

I hate the driving. It's so, so awful and just feels like a regressive step. I don't understand how anyone could possibly prefer it to IV. This really was my biggest fear coming into the game and it's come true. :(

I'm currently chasing a bike as Franklin and, seriously, I'm already getting frustrated. The car just swerves maniacally with the slightest touch of the stick, it's got that annoying Sleeping Dogs-like braking where you can just stop nigh on instantly...

Sad times. Sad times.

On the other hand, the stuff on foot is great. I love the shooting and melee, I love the way cutscenes and freeroam blend together, I love that it only took me 2 minutes after I was left off the leash before I killed some guy who told me to f*ck off (one punch to the head and he was dead! :D), I love that I found a helicopter without even looking.

Personally I like the driving, I can speed around with ease... stick with it, you will get used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

It's strange because, on the contrary, I don't know how anyone could have liked the driving in IV. The cars turned like boats and bounced up onto two wheels or flipped over entirely when driving over small bits of debris at moderate speeds.

I find the driving physics in V fantastically enjoyable. The cars feel a lot more like... actual cars. As a driver, you are in control and not concerned that the car might decide to fish tail horribly, or perform a 180 degree spin at any moment. I will concede that they are perhaps a little bit too forgiving at very high speeds though, and they do brake a little too quickly. Still, it is fun rather than frustrating in my opinion.

If you jump and press punch straight away you faceplant yourself into the pavement, I've been doing it too much :pac:

One thing is kinda weird is that everyone is mean to you on the the streets, if you press right on the D pad you usually ask how someone is then they get in your face and start fights for no reason lol

Have to say, the shootouts between cops and random crims are a lot more interesting to watch now. It all gets a bit Reservoir Dogs when somebody's shooting up from the ground.

Paramedics aren't great though, they don't actually seem to resurrect anybody anymore, they just show up and jot something down in a notebook and then leave.

It's strange because, on the contrary, I don't know how anyone could have liked the driving in IV. The cars turned like boats and bounced up onto two wheels or flipped over entirely when driving over small bits of debris at moderate speeds.

I find the driving physics in V fantastically enjoyable. The cars feel a lot more like... actual cars. As a driver, you are in control and not concerned that the car might decide to fish tail horribly, or perform a 180 degree spin at any moment. I will concede that they are perhaps a little bit too forgiving at very high speeds though, and they do brake a little too quickly. Still, it is fun rather than frustrating in my opinion.

I like them too, the cars in IV handled like the jetskis in V. When you start modding the high performance cars you can spin them out and the like, a modded mini is a fantastic thing to drive, looong handbrake turns

krudler wrote: »
    One thing is kinda weird is that everyone is mean to you on the the streets, if you press right on the D pad you usually ask how someone is then they get in your face and start fights for no reason lol

I think that depends on who you're playing as? People have been alright to me as Franklin, but they're creeped out by Trevor.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭carol clery

when you are setting up to do the
    fib mission with the trash truck and the masks and you keep getting told to hide a car somewhere - where exactly do you hide it?
    cos i skipped the talking part so i dont even know what we're heisting:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

fib mission with the trash truck and the masks and you keep getting told to hide a car somewhere - where exactly do you hide it?
    cos i skipped the talking part so i dont even know what we're heisting:confused:

Just park it in an alley anywhere and call Michael

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

It doesn't really matter. I put mine a fair bit away from where it happened, down some alley near Michaels house.

Advertisement