Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Gameplay Discussion ***POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I think that depends on who you're playing as? People have been alright to me as Franklin, but they're creeped out by Trevor.

Ah right, I was Trevor at the time so no wonder :pac: me walking around the Beverly Hills part in his crappy tshirt and sweatpants combo. I do like that the characters change outfits themselves when you switch back to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

If anyone wants to know a spot where there is a 90% chance of finding the Adder aka Bugatti Veyron, here's the spot.

df31dec5cb5d1077904c44b832d375e9.png

If it's not there, drive around the block and back, it should pop up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Just did the
    Paleto heist.
    My god that was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The games lost another car on me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Sorry, I know I'm late to the party and most of this has probably been said already:

So I've been playing for about two hours...

I hate the driving. It's so, so awful and just feels like a regressive step. I don't understand how anyone could possibly prefer it to IV. This really was my biggest fear coming into the game and it's come true. :(

I'm currently chasing a bike as Franklin and, seriously, I'm already getting frustrated. The car just swerves maniacally with the slightest touch of the stick, it's got that annoying Sleeping Dogs-like braking where you can just stop nigh on instantly...

Sad times. Sad times.

The driving does improve a bit (by the character levelling up, customisation of vehicles and by not driving the twitchy ones, I was slack jawed at how utterly **** the first few missions were). Also, use the handbrake to throw most vehicles around corners, IV-style.

I do agree though, I have no idea why they've taken such an over simplified, backwards step with the driving - it was one of the few things IV actually did well!

If the cars in IV "handled like boats" (which they didn't, it just takes more than five minutes to learn how to control them) then the cars in V handle like empty tin lunchboxes with wheels.

There's zero depth and skill to the handling and it's starting to make driving places a boring chore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Is there any reward for finishing Flight School?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭carol clery

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Just park it in an alley anywhere and call Michael

Tried that......

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

Tried that......

Drive down some more alleys and a pop up will say that it can be parked here.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,640 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Is there any reward for finishing Flight School?

Not necessarily a reward, it just increases that character's flying skill which means you'll suffer from less turbulence while flying and be able to control the planes/helis better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

did the mission last night where
    where as Trevor you have to fly the biplane into the back of a cargo plane
    , all that turbelence, barely made it. Will definitely have to go to Flight School.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Favourite part of the games so far is
    chasing after the jet to retrieve the files after taking out one of the engines with that crazy gun. The visuals were excellent, got really sucked into the whole situation

The missions just keep getting better as the game progresses. I spent an embarrassing amount of time on this game yesterday :o
    "Ah sure I'll just do one more mission."
    5 hours later...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Favourite part of the games so far is
    chasing after the jet to retrieve the files after taking out one of the engines with that crazy gun. The visuals were excellent, got really sucked into the whole situation

The missions just keep getting better as the game progresses. I spent an embarrassing amount of time on this game yesterday :o
    "Ah sure I'll just do one more mission."
    5 hours later...

I had 12 hours played when the game had only been released 48 hours, haven't played it much since, stupid work!

I had 12 hours played when the game had only been released 48 hours, haven't played it much since, stupid work!
    That's only 6 hours a day. That's not embarrassing :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur.

Is the black talk show host Leon from Curb Your Enthusiasm?

Is the black talk show host Leon from Curb Your Enthusiasm?
    Yeah. No mistaking that voice. Muthaf**ing coconut juice!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,828 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah that guy is gas out. the papparazzi guy sometimes sounds like robert downey jr but it couldnt be. Im sure there are some celeb voices in there im sure.

Started my path to kifflom!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

Ok so it turns out if you walk into a clothing store in just your underpants the assistant will call the cops :o

Trevor gets himself into some sticky situations when I'm not around :D

Feckin love the missions, they get better as you progress :cool:

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Yeah that guy is gas out. the papparazzi guy sometimes sounds like robert downey jr but it couldnt be. Im sure there are some celeb voices in there im sure.

Started my path to kifflom!

Michael's son sounds like Jonah Hill, if it's not then he's gotten his whiny voice down pat :pac:

Agree about the missions, they just get better and better. There's the odd "drive this person here" one but they're mostly the side missions and random encounters, none of that in the main story really. I love the heist music, really adds to the atmosphere.

krudler wrote: »
    Michael's son sounds like Jonah Hill, if it's not then he's gotten his whiny voice down pat :pac:

It is him.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Walked up past a cop as Michael, and the cop stops eating a donut and says 'Hi' to him. So being polite, I decide to say hello back. I press right, Michael gives him the finger and tells him to F*ck off, the cop drops his donut and pulls his gun. Instant two stars. Gas craic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Anyone find Grove street or is it even in the game? Loving the small things about this games i.e. car ticking over after driving it for a while or the wheel arch blocking a wheel from turning after some crashes.

Grove Street is indeed in there, I could not find it myself but you are taken there in later missions for Franklin. ;)

Bit of advice for those trying to get into the military base for a Plane or heli, keep left and go through the parking lot; the runway and helipads are nearer there and the other way is full of tanks who'll be shooting you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

****ing cougars sneaking up on me while hunting..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

miralize wrote: »
    ****ing cougars sneaking up on me while hunting..

My first day with the game I hiked up to the top of the mountain over on the east coast. I was literally 20 paces from the peak, heard this werid noise and then was dead with a mountain lion or cougar or whatever gnawing on me. Nearly shat myself!

I bring a gun now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭LifeSaabItch

Not tried it myself but, To get into the military base without being wanted.

Do the side mission with Trevor where you go hunting and don't kill the last one, Just go straight into the military and you won't get a wanted star.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

If the cars in IV "handled like boats" (which they didn't, it just takes more than five minutes to learn how to control them) then the cars in V handle like empty tin lunchboxes with wheels.

It had nothing to do with learning how to control them. They just felt like shit, weren't fun to drive, and handled nothing like actual cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Cool! I was in a massive gun fight and when I shot a guy in the leg he fell to the ground and instead of getting to his feet immediately he just lay there shooting at me until I shot him again. :D

I also got thrown out of a strip club and then murdered all their security in a fit of rage. Then came back the next day and went home with a stripper. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

Simply Red wrote: »
    Anyone know if theres a way to transfer a car between 2 characters?

Found a weird glitch, stole an infernus as michael and added 100k worth of mods, then got out and switched to trevor....got a text saying trevor's infernus was impounded!

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

Killed two nobodies out in the middle of nowhere with a silenced handgun yet the police still found out??? :confused:

• Advertisement

Killed two nobodies out in the middle of nowhere with a silenced handgun yet the police still found out??? :confused:

Seen that too, punched a guy on a deserted beach, instant wanted level. It's something they'd probably need to look at patching tbh

Advertisement